Chapter 4: Off To School

I stood in the woods yet it felt odd like my body wasn't really there. The atmosphere was filled with warm colours though there was still snow around me. I took a few steps forward my body had a light sensation like I was almost floating My eyes led to a small furry creature in the distance.

"W-what...is that a rabbit?" I Mumbled to myself.

It was the same one I saw earlier when I went hunting with my father. Walking closer I realised the woods became more disoriented around me.
Trees were glitching in and out, fog began to loom around with an irritating ringing noise poisoning my ears, my heart began to beat slower and slower as I walked. I couldn't breath my lungs were struggling to just give me air, still I continued. I tried stopping but I couldn't, It was like I wasn't in control of myself until I was at the foot of the small creature.

It had its eyes closed but its head was facing right at me. I continued to gasp for air as I was forced to stare down at this creature. Tiering up as the pain in my chest became worse and worse until.....until-.

I lunged up Gasping for air feeling relief as air flowed through my lungs. Happily sighing in relief as I looked around realising I was in my room on my maple wood bed covered with tree printed bed sheets. the sun shone through my triangle shaped window with birds chirping in the distance.
"Huff huff I-it was a dream, huff ...just a dream" I panted to myself.

"Thomas! come down stairs breakfast is ready" My mother called from the downstairs kitchen.

"Coming Mum!" I yelled out.
My room was neatly packed after the trip yet I didn't know we're I put anything but eventually remembered we're I had placed my clothes.
I quickly slipped on a puffy orange jacket with a red long sleeve shirt underneath. Along with some jean pants and hiking boots. With that I stuffed all my books in my bag and rushed down stairs. I sat next to my brother Henry we're I was met with a plate of simple eggs and bacon. I looked up at my father who was reading the daily news paper the front page wrote.

Missing persons case Daniel Herring age 22 was declared missing 3 days ago while hiking at mount Oliveus on Friday.

Interesting mount Olivus is right next to the south of town it's a popular sightseeing attraction for hikers all around. It showed an image of the man, nothing too spectacular just imagine ong of those people posting their hiking trips on Instagram.

My father looked up at me. "So Tom, are you gonna finally tell us about last night?"

I paused still chewing on me bacon, after swallowing I answered "I-I told you already,
I just went out on a stroll with a friend."

Father placed down his news paper besides his empty breakfast plate.
"...you expect me to believe that, after you ran through the door scared half to death!"

"Look can we not! talk about this right now......please."

My father leaned back in his chair "fine"
Henry was looking back at me and my father I could tell he was worried.
I ignored him, Looking down to continued eating my food till my plate was empty.

I got up from my seat and headed to the door
"Bye everyone I'll be back later and thank you Mum for the meal."

"Your welcome tommy" she yelled back before I shut the door.

————————————————————————

The bus to school wasn't as bad as I expected other than some joke kid putting his ass to the window in the seat in front of me. It was clear that my buss rides to school weren't going to be as pleasant as they were back in the city.

My classes thankfully weren't as bad since I was in the higher classes and the people there were more responsible and well mannered. In AP Biology I was sat next to a girl with bleach blonde hair she didn't say anything to me other than how she kept peering over her shoulder at me I get that I was the new kid but it felt, weird.