[ 𝗶 ]

OO1. ( CHAPTER ONE )

( daitan )

STANDING AMIDST AN endless valley of greenery and liveliness, y/n felt himself visibly relax, slowing sinking into Somnus' comforting arms.

that is, until an unfamiliar voice disrupted his reverie.

"hey! hey kid!" turning to the side, his short arm patted the ground, nails digging into the dirt in mild panic upon not feeling another human body next to him.

with a sharp intake of breath, he sat upright in a dizzying speed, sleep-drunk eyes wide with full fledged panic.

"mako? mako, mako!" he slurred.

"goodness fuck, kid you okay?" he almost got a whiplash.

a tall stranger — definitely towering over his more or less average height — peered at him with jade eyes, as though they were from the deep core of the earth. choppy black hair framed their face in a messy tangle, though it did not dim their charisma any less.

two stumps of ivory sprouted from their head, pointing skyward.

'demon— demon? demon—, DEMON!'

"oh my god, yes, i am a demon, calm down, you look manic." they rolled their eyes.

a little giggle left him stupefied, and he snapped his head to the child sitting snug in their arms.

'oh. baby in the demon's arms. wait—' he made a mad dash towards the duo, but they lifted the child up above their head and onto their shoulders much to his chagrin and to the 3 year old's delight.

"you think so slow, don't ya?" their lips quirked up into a half-smirk, wincing a bit when makoto tangled his hands into their hair as grips. "watch the hair, watch the hair!"

"give me that" he slid behind the demon and pried his family off of them.

"that? kid, that's a child. not a that" they got closer.

"stay bACk" his voice cracked. grimacing at the snort that left their lips, he picked up a sizable stone and held it in an offensive stance.

"i'll throw."

"i'm SO scared." they mocked. y/n furrowed his eyebrows when his nephew, once again, giggled at the expression they pulled.

"we can leave, when you got over your antics. wouldn't want the baby or you to loose a limb, or head, would ya?" their bored gaze met with his brighter ones, huffing out in slowly evaporating patience.

shaking the gruesome image out of his head, he reluctantly complied.

THEY SOON REACHED a small cottage, with the state of it's roof and walls, y/n made a wild guess on how ancient it was.

100 years, tops.

firming his hold onto makoto's wrist, he stopped at the entrance, watching the stranger march right into the house.

"uh, nice house."

"thanks," the dry response caught him off-guard, locking him in an awkward situation. making little dunes of sand with his sandals, makoto paid no mind to the atmosphere around him and lost himself in his own little world.

hesitating a bit more, y/n shuffled around, makoto swaying side to side because of the excessive movement.

accepting the only sane members of the l/n family's possible demise, he followed in after, waiting for them to present a grand tour of, the, shack.

eyeing the dust slowing building up, the demon led them to a room with an irori heating up the room. sighing in relief, his shaking body soon stabilized. cocking his head back, he glanced at makoto uncomfortably shuffling around, and helped him remove the extra layers.

"so, name?" demon kneeled down on of one sides, warming up their already steady temperature.

"y/n, little guy's name is makoto" he nodded. said 'little guy' perked his head up upon hearing his name, meeting the demon's halfway and flashed them a friendly little grin.

gaze softening, they matched the toothy grin and soon wiped it off when they stared at the older male.

"daitan" they drawled. y/n winced at the tone used.

yeah, they wouldn't be friends.

𝗦𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗥,
© 𝗢𝗥𝗫𝗛𝗘𝗨𝗦, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮