Colonel Mongke shot fire at the group, but Iroh and Zeraphina quickly stopped the shots before they could hurt them. Zuko took the chance to jump behind Colonel Mongke and kicked him off the Komodo Rhino.

The three of them quickly jumped back onto the ostrich horse and rode away from the remaining three Rough Rhinos. One of the soldiers threw a bomb in front of them, but they used the smoke to escape further into the forest.

"It's nice to see old friends." Iroh smiled as he looked back at the smoke cloud behind them.

"Too bad you don't have any old friends that don't want to attack you." Zuko mocked.

"Mhm... old friends that don't want to attack me." Iroh said thoughtfully.

"Master..." Zeraphina groaned, knowing that her master had plenty more enemies that may want some revenge themselves.

~~~~~~

After a few more days of traveling, the group made it to the largest desert in the area. Zeraphina had heard many stories about this desert, that many have been lost in the winding sand dunes, or robbed by the ones who hide in the deeper dunes of the sand.

They stopped in the only place to rest for several miles. It was called the Misty Palm Oasis, a once beautiful place before the war began. Now it's a place filled to the brim with travelers and crooks.

After arriving in the small town, the three went into a bar to catch their breath and to get something cold to drink.

"No one here is gonna help us." Zuko complained, "These people just look like filthy wanderers."

"So do we." Iroh threw back.

"And besides, hasn't anyone ever told you that not all things are as they seem?" Zeraphina smirked as she took a sip of her drink, "We should look further beyond someone's appearance, ya know."

Iroh looked behind him and saw a man sitting at a small circle shaped table with a Pai Sho table all at the ready for a new game to be played.

"Ah, this is interesting. I think I've found our friend." Iroh said smiling.

Zuko and Zeraphina looked back and saw the man at the Pai Sho table, both being very confused.

"You brought us here to gamble on Pai Sho?" Zuko asked.

"I don't think this is a gamble, My Prince." Zeraphina said, making sure to whisper Zuko's true title so no one would hear her.

They walked over to the table and Iroh smiled at the old man.

"May I have this game?" He asked.

"The guest has the first move." The old man offered.

Iroh nodded and sat down, placing down the White Lotus tile in the center of the table.

"I see you favor the White Lotus gambit." The old man said, "Not many still cling to the ancient ways."

"Those who do can always find a friend." Iroh quoted.

"Then let us play."

Iroh and the old man continued the game, placing their pieces in strategic spots one by one. Zeraphina watched carefully at the moves the two were making when suddenly, her mind went back to something that happened in the few times she was left alone with Iroh as a child.

~~~~~

Iroh was teaching Zeraphina how to play Pai Sho. She had seen him play it in his free time and asked for him to teach her when they both had the time. Finally, Iroh was teaching her how to play, and though she started picking up the rules of the game quickly, she was confused by the White Lotus tile he always played with.