18. Heads or Tails?

Start from the beginning

Mona would've hated him in high school, she had described herself to him as the type of student who did her homework that was assigned her on the same day and in every after school club.

She said schooling in her home country was very different to what he was probably used to, there was no room for her to be tardy or take it lightly. She was well behaved and didn't disobey the rules, not once.

Heath barely showed up to classes unless they were related to his sports. He was out stoned with his high school friends for most of the time and when he did show up, he was somewhere hidden behind the bleachers or in a random bathroom stall with a his current girl of the month, balls deep inside.

When he tried to compare their early life, he couldn't help but think how his privileged upbringing wasn't one he should've deserved.

She should've had it. God knows how she would appreciate it more than he had and act like a decent person, unlike him.

He had been a prick to put bluntly, a massive fucking prick.

That thought stayed constant in his mind as he finally got out of bed and got ready for the long evening ahead. Thanksgiving dinner was not on a Thursday but rather, the Friday for his family. His brother couldn't make it sooner with his bitch of a- sorry, his wife, since they had plans of their own.

Thus they were celebrating today, on a Friday, and Heath couldn't find it more typical.

He had slept the entirety of Thursday night and into Friday on purpose, he didn't want to socialise with his family for longer than he had to but time had come to do exactly that.

Socialise, great.

He was so good at that, his sarcastic thoughts were over taking over.

Dressed in a black dress shirt and some slacks, he knew his mother would have a heart attack if he dressed down, he entered the roomy dining area and found ten place mats set out.

The kids were in the living room, eating in their together. Luckily, his little sister was no longer grouped in with the younger kids and she gave him a big smile, waving him over to her.

"Heath-y, over here!"

She had dyed black hair and streaks of blond throughout, her freckles were covered by a lot of makeup and he gave her newest piercing a narrowed stare.

"Is that a bull piercing, B?" He questioned, taken aback but nonetheless happy that she was expressing herself the way she wanted too.

He wished he could be more like her. She never gave a shit and she was so young.

She laughed as he pulled his chair out and sat down, the table started to slowly fill up and he watched from the comer of his eyes as more and more faces came in.

His parents were getting seated, directly across him, the familiar blonde was already waiting. Her bald headed husband was sat next to her and next to him was his dad's brother and his wife. He would've bothered with names had he remembered what his uncles's new wife was called.

It was what, the fifth marriage in four years?

"It's a septum, old man. Who the heck says bull piercing?"