🌻 Best Birthday Ever 🌻

Magsimula sa umpisa

[Meanwhile, In The Hallway]
"Okay, what am I going to do? What.. am I.. going.. to do?" Rapunzel panics, pacing back and forth. "Raps, calm down-" Cassandra says, putting her hands on Rapunzel's shoulders. "I can't! I promised Y/n she'd have the best birthday ever and now, she doesn't have a present from me." Rapunzel stresses, putting her hands over her face.

[Flashback, Last Night]
After Y/n was sent to bed early by their parents, Rapunzel helped the guards arrange her sister's presents in the throne room. "Okay, so that's all the presents: one from me, Eugene, Cassandra, Mom, Dad, Aunt Willow and several unnamed presents from the townsfolk. Think we're all ready, Pascal?" She asked. Pascal grinned, with a thumbs up.

Rapunzel sighed. "Great! Y/n's going to love her birthday!" She exclaimed, with a twirl but she got a little dizzy and stumbled. "Whoa!" She said, straightening herself up. Little did she know, Rapunzel knocked over a small candle with her arm and it fell on one of the presents. Pascal noticed and got Rapunzel's attention. "Huh? Oh, no! No, no, no!" Rapunzel said worriedly, trying desperately to put the small fire out.

Rapunzel moved the present away from the other presents so they wouldn't catch on fire, but then tried to fan out the fire - this only made it bigger. "Plan B, plan B!" Rapunzel panicked.

The label on the present said: 'To Y/n,
This is to show you how much I love you!
From your favourite big sister, Rapunzel!'
Rapunzel watched the label slowly turn to ash.

Conveniently, Cassandra walked through the throne room with a small water bucket for the castle's garden plants. "Raps, how did- what is going on?" She asked. "No time! Bucket, now!" Rapunzel said, then lassoed the water bucket with her hair. She then poured it on the present, which quickly put the fire out. Pascal sighed in relief, as Rapunzel picked up the black crispy birthday present with a heartbroken expression.
[End Of Flashback]

"On the bright side, at least you didn't burn up all the presents." Cassandra points out, with a chuckle. "That's not funny." Rapunzel says, then groans. "That antique jewelry box was hard to find." She recalls, with a hand on her forehead.

"That's what you got her?" Cassandra asks, in disbelief. Rapunzel immediately shoots her a glare. "That's what you got her!" Cassandra repeats, in what sounds like a forced impressed tone of voice.

"Ugh, look. We just have to keep Y/n distracted for now and I need to go out and buy her a new present before she notices she doesn't have one from me." Rapunzel says, and Cassandra nods. "Okay, Raps. Got it." He assures her.

"Got what?"

Cassandra and Rapunzel are startled by Eugene, who suddenly appears beside them. "Oh, we were just-" Rapunzel says. "No! Remember? He can't keep a secret." Cassandra points out. "What? Keeping stuff from me again? Sunshine, we talked about this. 'No more secrets. Ever'." Eugene reminds Rapunzel, air quoting with his fingers.

Rapunzel looks at Cassandra, pleadingly. "Fine! But, you can't tell Y/n." She tells Eugene, firmly. "Done. Now, talk." Eugene replies. "I ruined the birthday present I got Y/n, so I have to get her a new one before she finds out." Rapunzel confesses.

"Are the other presents ruined?" Eugene asks. "No, no. Just- you and Cass keep Y/n distracted, while I sneak out to the town and get her a new birthday present. I'll hurry back, before she even notices I'm missing." Rapunzel instructs. Eugene nods. "Distract the kid, and wait for you to come back with a new present. Got it." He confirms.

"Just hurry back, Rapunzel. It won't take long for her to notice you're missing." Cassandra points out. Rapunzel nods then rushes out, with Pascal on her shoulder. "So, did your present to her get destroyed too?" Eugene remarks, to Cassandra. "No. But, maybe yours did." She fires back.