Sydney opened the door to the basement, slowly taking the steps down. "Honey?"

She flicked the light on, which flickered for a moment before it lit the room up dimly. A box was on the floor, presumably what Honey had knocked over, although Sydney could not see the ginger and white cat anywhere.

"Honey?"

She knelt down in front of the box, which had been full of the drawings and paintings she had done when she was younger. She began picking up the pieces of paper, taking quick glances at them while she did so.

She let out a loud gasp when something nuzzled against her leg, but she let out a relieved sigh when she saw Honey rubbing her face against her ankle. "Jesus, you scared me."

Honey just meowed, Sydney letting out a light chuckle.

She turned her attention back to the pictures, although her face fell when she landed on a whole load more.

There was the clown.

It wasn't a very good drawing, but for a five year old it was better then most. There was a drawing of herself, and beside her, holding her hand, was the clown.

The same clown she and Eddie had seen just hours ago.

The same clothes, same hair, same face, same smile.

Everything.

"Oh, my God."

She picked up another painting.

The clown was there too.

And another.

Another.

All of them had the clown.

Every single one.

"Sydney?"

Sydney dropped the paintings, spinning around to see her mother, who still looked very tired. Sydney let out a relieved sigh, running a hand through her hair.

"Hey, mom."

"What are you doing down here?"

"Honey got in again, knocked over a box." She shrugged, her mother nodding as Honey ran up the stairs, nuzzling against her mothers leg.

"What time is it?" Her mother asked, Sydney glancing at the clock hanging on the wall.

03:00

She had been looking at those pictures for an hour, and she hadn't even realised it. "Um, half two, mom."

"Oh, okay, try and get some sleep."

"I will."

Her mother smiled tiredly one last time before going upstairs, Honey staying in the basement with Sydney, who took one of the paintings and folded it up, leaving the others in the box and going back to her room.

~

"Morning." Sydney's mother smiled as the red-head entered the kitchen, taking a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Morning, mom."

"Did Honey go home last night?" She asked, Sydney nodding softly.

"Hey, mom, can I ask you something?" Sydney wondered, taking the picture from the basement and placing it on the counter.

"Anything."

"Who's that?" She pointed to the clown on the page, Sydney's mother letting out a small, tired, chuckle.

"That's Pennywise. Don't you remember?" She smiled, Sydney shaking her head. "He was your imaginary friend when you were little, after your father left, you would always call him Pennywise the Dancing Clown. He was practically your best friend."