Faced with an army of vipers and lions

~Rosemarie Zeynep Nuray Hathaway~

"Like I said, I'd known exactly where Lissa would step and what she would do. And in those precious seconds before she acted, I broke out of my captors' hold and threw myself before Lissa. Someone leapt after me, but they were too late. That was when Tasha's gun had gone off. I felt a biting and burning in my chest, and then there was nothing but pain--a pain so complete and so intense it was almost beyond comprehension."

A flash of light and then I jerk out of my sleep. What the fuck? I look around and gasp. What just happened? I was in front of Lissa now I'm in my bedroom in Portland? Wait a minute Tasha fucking shot me! First she frames me for Tatiana's death and now she shoots me? Granted she was aiming for Mia and then Lissa but everyone knows I would jump in front of a bullet for her. How is this even happening? How the fuck am I back in my 17 year old body? Did Lissa somehow do this? Wait it doesn't even matter, I can change all the bad things that happened. But I need help. Maybe I should take Lissa to Abe? I look at the calendar and swear. I'm not only back in the past I'm four months before me and Lissa are found by Dimitri.

"Rose what's wrong?" Lissa yawns stepping into my doorway. She looks at my face before walking in my room and sitting down on the bed beside me. "Rose what happened?" Liss asks staring worriedly at me.

"Okay Liss you're not gonna believe me but I'm from a year in the future. I was shot when I jumped in front of a bullet for you and I ended up back here somehow. We need to leave Portland, in four months the school will find us. I know who was after you before you left but you're not gonna believe me because the person was very close to you. I'll explain everything once we can get somewhere else safe. I need to contact my father, but I don't have a phone anymore. We have to change a lot otherwise a lot of people will get hurt. " I explain before huffing to let air back into my lungs. I talked way too fast but Liss is used to me doing that.

"You're right it is unbelievable but I know you wouldn't like to me like that. Rose I trust you. We can leave tonight. Let's get dressed and pack our bags before we head to the bus station." Liss sighs before offering me a small smile.

"Grab all your belongings and any paperwork, we don't want to leave it around for someone to find. " I stand up and rush to grab some clothes before heading to the shower. I take a quick shower before drying off and pulling on underwear and a bra. I throw on some deodorant before putting on socks and pulling on a black jean skirt with rose embroidery on it, Rhea made this for me it's the only Rose themed thing I actually like, and a gray tank top. I slip my feet into gray tennis shoes and lace them up before braiding my hair and throwing it up in a loose bun. I head into my room and begin to grab my bags and bring them to the living room. When I get there Lissa's dressed in black jeans and a pink shirt and her hairs braided and tucked into a ball cap. All her stuff is sitting at her feet.

"So how are we getting out Rose? Did you want to leave first and then call your father?" Liss asks sitting in the couch.

"I'm gonna call him now. Thankfully you made me write his number down until I remembered it." I grin at her and hug her. I pick up the house phone and quickly dial Abe's number.

" Merhaba bu kim?" Abe answers sounding suspicious.

"Merhaba Yaşlı Adam, son zamanlarda annemle konuştun mu? Tanışmak istiyorum, konuşalım." I grin.

"Bu kim? Ve bu numarayı nasıl aldın? Eğlenmekten hoşlanmıyorum." Abe hisses. I snort.

"Vay canına, kızının sesini bile tanımıyorsun? Her şeyi bildiğini sanıyordum, nerede olduğumu ya da kim olduğumu bile bilmiyorsan, saklanmakla gerçekten iyi bir iş çıkardım sanırım. Yaralandım Yaşlı Adam." I chuckle. Thank god for Pavel and Abe teaching me Turkish in Baia in the future. Abe begins swearing for a solid ten minutes before he realizes I'm still there on the phone. I snort.

"Alright Kiz, where are you? I'll bring you to where I am. I'll meet you at the closest bus stop to you. And then you can explain why you need to talk to me in person once we reach my home base." Abe switched to English.

" We're currently at the University of Oregan in Portland. We'll meet you at the bus stop near us. We'll be there in half an hour. You should be able to tell who we are. See you when you're able to get here Old Man." I grin. Abe confirms he'll see us in the next few hours. "Alright let's go Liss. I sent for a cab. Abe'll meet us in a few hours at the bus stop. And then we'll head back to his place. Probably Russia or Turkey." I instruct her bringing all the stuff out to the front door.

"So you met your father in the future Rose? How's your relationship?" Lissa asks on the front step.

"Umm our relationship is strange I guess Liss. But I guess it could be worse. Who know maybe he'll actually try and be involved this time around since I already know oh him now. And I originally met him under less than ideal circumstances. I'll explain once we get to where we're going. I promise Liss." I answer her with a small smile. A few seconds later out can pulls up. And we make quick work of putting all the stuff in the cab before sliding in the back seat.

"Where to Misses?" The cabbie asks.

"The bus station please." I answer and as predicted in half an hour we arrive. Lissa and I grab all our stuff and head into the bus station to wait on Abe and Pavel.

Turkish Translations:
1.) Merhaba bu kim?= Hello, who is this?
2.) Merhaba Yaşlı Adam, son zamanlarda annemle konuştun mu? Tanışmak istiyorum, konuşalım.= Hello Old Man, you talk to mom recently? I want to meet so we can talk.
3.) Bu kim? Ve bu numarayı nasıl aldın? Eğlenmekten hoşlanmıyorum.= Who is this? And how did you get this number? I don't appreciate being made fun of.
4.) Vay canına, kızının sesini bile tanımıyorsun? Her şeyi bildiğini sanıyordum, nerede olduğumu ya da kim olduğumu bile bilmiyorsan, saklanmakla gerçekten iyi bir iş çıkardım sanırım. Yaralandım Yaşlı Adam. = Wow, you don't even recognize your daughters voice? I thought you knew everything, I guess I did a really good job of hiding if you don't even know where I am or who I am. I'm hurt Old Man.

The part in italics at the very beginning are taken directly from Last Sacrifice .