PROLOGUE

The sound of the monitor's beeping noise is the only thing that gives her hope that the person she loves so dear is still alive.

Holding her mother's hand tightly, silently praying and wishing she would be alright.

" Hana my sweet ttal, mianhae if  I will be leaving you this early promise me to be brave and show them that you have the guts and power to hold the crown. Neomu Salanhaeyo." 

With her mother last breath, the beeping noise had reduced to a one line, indicating that her mother had now abandoned her in a world full of people who are hungry for power and will do anything to get it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2013

The ocean waves were her domain, as she rides them with ease and confident. 

Even when a large ocean wave came at her way, 

she was able to pass through and stay on her surfboard.

" Yahhh Kim Tan, what were you doing? You should have seen me riding this amazing wave a while ago, it was epic." Hana happily said approaching her best friend who was sitting in the Cafe near the beach, she puts down her surfboard in the side window and taken a seat across from his table. 

" What are you writing about? Let me see that."  She childishly whine looking at him full of curiosity, she leans in closely hoping to see the writing in Kim Tan's journal but he playfully hides it to make her angry. Because of her being impatient and intrigued, she stretches her arm and takes it without his consent and starts to read it.

" One who wears the crown should bear its weight?, Hmm... What is this your writing about?" She asks him as she places it back on the table, giving a strange thought as to why her best buddy wrote those words. Tan sighs, unsure how he can convey to Hana his plan which he had only though of a while ago.

" I... I actually wanted to tell you that I'm going back to Seoul, I miss eomeoni and Hyung. I really wanna go back, please don't get mad at me."  He explains gently to her, not wanting to upset the girl because he was having second thoughts about carrying out his plan.

He have seen the way how Hana's face lighten up when they saw each other in the airport three years ago, she was calling him loudly, holding a greeting banner to welcome him.

He was baffled in watching his best friend when she suddenly burst into laughter at his statement almost falling off from her seat, making Tan look at her in bewildered being clueless as to why she was taking it lightly.

" You want to go back because you miss them, don't give me that dumb reason; I may have left you for a month. But you know I have eyes and ears everywhere and I'm always up to date on what my best friend life is up to." She said smirking mischievously at him.

" Apart from your family, the only reason you want to return is for that girl, not your snobbish fiancée...What is her name again? Oh! right Yoo Rachel. She was at the house, am I right and that girl, Cha Eun-Sang, the one you helped and the person you suddenly fell in interested with." She finished her statement with a taunting smirk on her lips, making Tan even more irritated as to how she found it all up.

" You know it's kind a weird that you knew everything, but to answer if what you said is correct well maybe but at the same time I also miss my mother." He said amuse at the same time defending himself into her accusation, he diverted his gaze at the sun that was setting down in the ocean. 

Hana also look at the sundown that his best friend is looking at in the beach, having thoughts of planning in her mind. She close her eyes as she slowly breaths in and let out a heavy sigh before saying the decision that will change her life forever.

" If you're going back might as well come with you, I think it's time for me to actually be what I have promise to my parents before they pass away." Kim Tan look at her shock if she was a crazy person but behind that tough statement that she have said, he had seen the determine eyes of her just wanting to show who she really is. 

He didn't said a word but only a short nod as a respond

that indicates that they will be going back home 

the place that they always want to belong.