Part 2

Violet didn't really think about Jim after her encounter. She broke into his flat, she met him, she let him know that she's also very good at playing bad and then she left. She got what she wanted from the whole scheme, a new fix of her drug and that was going to be it. But she was oh so wrong. Because once you mess with Jim Moriarty, you don't just get away with it without any consequences. That's just how it is. And she wishes now that she would've realized that sooner.

Everything went quiet for a while, for maybe about a month. She went back to breaking into small stores, to get that high for the night, sometimes stealing a pack of cigarettes when she ran out but that was it. She didn't want to get herself too out there because she was sure Jim was paying attention, looking for her, trying to find out who she was. Pulling through major crimes wouldn't be a smart idea.

Over the years, she moved quite a lot. No drastic ones out of the city, though, just going from one side of London to the other, just in case somebody did find out about her. The flat she was staying in at the moment was small, kind of like a studio flat and she, surprisingly, really liked it. But that soon changed as she, one day, came back from her run to see a small note on her coffee table. She checked the flat quickly, after she grabbed a bat that she kept next to her front door, only to find it empty.

Strange, she thought before she grabbed the note and read it quickly.

You were right, it wouldn't be fun if you'd tell me your name back then, Violet.

-JM x

Her eyes widened, heart beating faster as she quickly crumpled the small piece of paper in her hand, quickly bolting to the front door and locking it. No, no, no! This wasn't supposed to happen, he wasn't supposed to find out. Nobody was supposed to find out. She was so stupid for believing he wouldn't go after her. Of course he would and of course he'd find out who she was. He head people everywhere. She was surprised she was still alive, in fact. Because she was sure he saw her as a threat. After all, she did manage to get past all his security and break into his flat with ease.

Deciding on what she should do, the idea of moving once again popped into her mind. It seemed logical at that point, so she quickly packed some of her stuff into a suitcase, things she'll truly need, and decided to stay at a hotel for the next few nights, taking some time off. She needed to get off the radar again, especially since he's found her. She quickly stuffed some clothes in, some other essentials along with her laptop and some coding files she kept under her bed. She needed to get rid of all this stuff, destroy it, burn it, whatever. These things could get her buried six feet under.

She opened the door, ready to leave the flat but stopped, frozen in spot as she came face to face with none other than Moriarty himself. He was smiling, a victorious smile on his face as he saw her shocked expression.

"Hi," he said in a sing-song voice and Violet dropped the handle of her suitcase, letting it fall to the floor with a loud 'thud'. Jim's eyes fell to the case for a brief second before he looked at her again, eyebrows raised. "You dropped something."

Violet was staring at Jim, mouth dry and heart racing, actual fear flowing through her veins. It was weird, the feeling of panic and not knowing what to do. It was new to her, she never experienced it, not in this form at least so her mind went blank, her body numb as she told herself to breathe. She wasn't the one to get scared, oh no, she needed to overcome this. Showing fear to this man would be stupidest mistake she could make, he could probably smell fear.