i open my curtains and see snow gracefully falling outside, i smile out of pure joy before grabbing my shoes and racing downstairs.

"morning, honey!" my mum greets, sliding some pancakes onto a plate before giving it to me along with some toppings.

"morning" i grin, stuffing my face with the fluffy pancakes she made as i sit down on a stall at the kitchen island.

"i assume you're off outside?"

"yeah! i'm going over to the banks' house to see if adam wants to hang out"

"alright, make sure you take your hat and gloves with you" she says, putting the dishes into the dishwasher before walking over to the room where our coats and belongings were hung and folded.

she takes out my beanie hat, gloves and coat, placing them on the stall beside me, i shoot up from my seat, putting my extra layers on before racing to the door 'borrowing' money from the side, stuffing it in my pockets before yelling a small thank you to mum.

i swing open the door to see adam already making his way to the front of my house, he looks up from the ground as he walks towards me, eyes lighting up as he sees me ready.

"adam!" i smile, shutting the door behind me, the boy stood there with a small grin on his face wearing his coat, gloves and a hawks cap.

"hey y/n/n" the boy says giving an airy laugh, the snow was falling at a slow, light pace around us as we begin walking down the street.

"how'd you find the game last night?" i ask the boy, the two of us walking into a small cafe near a park with a frozen pond.

"it was alright" the boy shrugs, muttering his order to the lady at the counter, "two hot chocolates, please"

she smiles at the two of us before whipping up the two drinks within minutes, finishing them up with a bit of whipped cream before putting a lid on them.

i reach for my pockets to grab money but a hand stops me, looking up i see adam paying the lady for both of the drinks before grabbing them both and walking away.

"i could've paid for my own you know?" i complained to the boy as he hands me my drink.

"i know, just thought i'd treat you" he sighs, squinting his eyes as he looks around us.

"thanks, banksie" i say, biting my cheek to fight back a smile, the boy turning over to me flashing a small grin.

we both sit down on a bench in front of the frozen pond and take a sip of our drink in sync, high-fiving one another as we look in front of us.

"how did you find the game then?" the boy asks, turning his body towards me slightly, i rotate my body and lift my legs up onto the bench crossing them as i begin to speak.

"well.. it was decent? i spent the first half of the game a nervous wreck" i admit, giving a small smile to the boy, shrugging.

"i don't get why you get yourself so worked up before a game, you're an amazing player, everyone knows that"

"hey lovebirds!" a voice laughs, i turn to see alex larson and aiden mcgill making their way over to us, i glance at adam before putting my feet back on the ground.

larson sat on my right whilst mcgill sat on adam's left the two of us squashed together, mcgill takes adam's drink from his hands and takes a sip letting out a happy sigh.

"hey!" adam exclaims taking back his drink before lightly smacking the boy at the side of the head, "get your own"

"boringg" mcgill replies, dragging out the word as he slumps back, his arms resting on the back of the bench.

"so how have you girls been?" i ask the boys causing them to sigh, grumbling a few protests and complaining about me calling them girls.

"lovely day for some hockey, wouldn't you say?" larson smirks, we all nod in agreement.

"what are we waiting for then? let's play some hockey!" mcgill smiles, smacking adam's cap down so he can't see.

"aiden!" adam yells, passing his drink to me before chasing the boy, i turn to alex and we both sigh, getting up and chatting amongst ourselves as we follow the boys around.

adam gets mcgill in a headlock and begins digging his knuckles into the boy's scalp, scratching it aggressively causing the boy to call out in pain.

larson and i laugh at the two boys, adam looks up at me and i give him a small gentle smile, holding up his hot chocolate.

"it's getting cold, adam"

the boy wastes no time abandoning mcgill as he grabs the hot chocolate from my hand, laughing to himself as he repositions his cap just how like he likes it.

after a few hours of being outside it starts to get dark, the street lights were turning on as we all make our way home, we say our goodbyes to larson and mcgill and take off.

the snow starts getting slightly heavier as we were walking home, adam's arm was linked with mine as we both point to different things in the shop windows, laughing at things each other said.

once we reach our houses i turn to adam, slowly taking my arm away from his, the two of us falling into a comfortable silence as we look at the snow falling around us.

"i'll see you tomorrow?" adam questions, looking at me with hopeful eyes as he scratches the back of his neck.

"tomorrow" i confirm, smiling at the boy as i nod my head, "night, banks"

"night, y/n" the boy grins, the two of us doing our little handshake.