She was lying straight through her teeth. She cared too much to hear anything related to Heath and her.

Why the fuck couldn't she not care? Why couldn't she leave him and act like he didn't exist anymore?

He didn't deserve her care, he lost it the second he was disloyal to her.

She needed to tell herself that so that she didn't forget.

"I'm not here for that, Mona darling." Christ, her name sounded revolting coming out of those lips. Perhaps it was due to the fact it sounded so condescending and outright mean. "I'm here because I wanted to talk to you, get some one on one talk. You know, like a girls chat."

Ever so crucial, the thirty-year-old took a sip of her water and eyes the girl with inquisitive eyes. "Somehow, I'm positive you have enough friends to do that with."

"Hm, I do, but none of them have Heath in common like we do." She said with a mocking pout, a sickly sweet smirk flipping up.

How fucking unfortunate for them, she wanted to reply. She wished she could say the same.

"Otto, down boy!" Mona scolded, ushering the muddy dog to get down from the sofa. He knew he wasn't allowed on there when he was dirty from the outside.

The dog immediately whimpered causing her to sigh softly and reach down to stroke his fur.

She glanced at perfect Dove again, and rose a brow. "Well? Did you ever want to tell me the reason you dropped by after five years of living next to each other in silence?"

It seemed the young girl was too focused on something else though, shaking her head a little to snap her out of her current daze. And when she followed her jaded eyes to see what she was staring at, that bile in her stomach returned.

She was staring at the picture frame that was set out on the wooden coffee table, it was an old one. She must've been around twenty four in it, six long years ago. It was of her, Heath and a small puppy version of the same good boy she was currently petting.

Heath was kissing her right cheek from behind, both of their dark eyes trained on the camera whilst she held the puppy in her arms with a proud smile. They were at an dog adoption centre, in the background the shop sign was written in bold.

"I, uh, I still need to redecorate this place." Feeling the need to explain herself, she leaped forward to shove the picture frame down on its front. "It's just been so hectic around here lately."

The reply she got was bitter sounding. "Yep. You really do. Everything in here needs a revamp in my opinion."

Nice to know.

"Alright, I can't hold it in any longer. I feel like now is the best time to just say it." A dramatic declaration came about, and Mona pursed her lips in joy. "You're being evicted from your farmhouse, I'm so sorry!"

Like that, her face fell like clockwork.

Only for a moment though and she was letting out a little laugh. "What?" She spluttered out, unsure of what the younger girl was talking about.

Another patronising sad smile, and she heard her say, "I know right! I told Daddy not too but he was hell bent on his decision. When Daddy's up his mind, there's no stopping him."

"What are you talking about? Why would your father be evicting me? He can't. I own this place."

That was enough to make the girl giggle, pouting her lips. "Oh but you don't. Did Heath fail to mention that he signed a contact with my father when he first joined the company and bought the place off us? Heath works for my father and after this whole messy breakup, he's really made me rethink everything. I need the extra space, I've decided to build my own stables."