Chapter 1

/The video is somewhat relevant to this story and i think that it is really neat. remember that no matter your background you can do anything you put your mind too.Enjoy!/

MIRI

  Miri woke up panting, sweat dampened her skin. She picked at her pajamas where they stuck to her skin uncomfortably. She shivered remembering the memory that her dream had awakened.Of that night 15 years ago when her father killed, not only himself, but also his wife. leaving Miri all alone and terribly frightened.She hadn't even known exactly what had happened to them until the doctors tolled her in the hospital that her father had killed himself. that's when she finally realized that she was all alone then, they sent her off to an orphanage. Because of her young age she was put into the care of a beautiful couple almost immediately. But after only a year and a half, they sent her back because they had a baby of there own and no longer wanted her. Over the years this continued being passed from one family to another. Some giving her up because they found her too hard to take care of.Others because they wanted someone prettier to call their daughter. But most got rid of her because they thought that she was wretched,"a devil child". At the time Miri had thought that it was because the wanted to have a family of there own. At least that's what she kept telling herself. But It was not until latter that Miri realized that the cause of all her misery was her inability to sleep one night without a horrible dream of her past.

Shaking away the dread of her past life Miri pulled back the covers and lowered her bare feet to the cold wooden floor. The sudden cold shocking herself back into reality. Then carefully, as not to wake her sleeping roommate. Miri opened the door and entered the hall ,walking briskly toward the kitchen. She was determined to make her best friend Jessica an amazing breakfast. But to her disappointment, there was already a light spilling under the kitchen door and into the hallway.

With a sigh Miri dejectedly opened the door breathing in deeply,and instantly her mood brightened and she smiled. Jessica was making her famous pumpkin spice muffins again. Still smiling Miri stepped into the kitchen then sat down on a wooden chair cushioned by a thin couch pillow. Jessica's back was to her but somehow, as always, she was able to tell Miri was there

"Bad dream?" she asked.

"How could you tell?" Miri said while contemplating the knowledge of her friend.

"Well it's just that you would normaly be in bed until noon if you hadn't." Jessica turned around, laughing at the artificial glare Miri had tossed at her. .

"Wow" Miri said sarcastically."You are surprisingly very good at making people feel better with an insult."

Jessica chuckled as she placed two muffins in front of her best friend.

"Eat,I have lots planned for our last day of freedom."

Miri sighed. Knowing all too well how most of Jessica's 'fun day's' turned out. But happily wolfed the delicious muffins down faster than she knew was possible.

"Wow" Jessica laughed." slow down cowgirl."

Mouth full of muffin she answered."sorwy"

Miri swallowed than asked.

"so , whats this fun day o
planned you where speaking of?"

"you'll see." And a mischievous grin were the only answers she gave.

( note to self, write about the 'day out' )

An hour later Miri sluggishly opened the door to her small bedroom in the apartment that she and Jessica shared. She was exhausted. After breakfast Jessica had dragged her all around town to movies and bowling alleys, but most of the day was spent in shopping malls and boutiques. Jessica's favorite thing to do in the world was shopping followed closely by gossiping about boys. But Miri couldn't care less about shopping or boys for that matter. So most of these 'adventures' turned out to be pretty horrible.On the bright side Jessica had taken Miri out for dinner to zupas, probably her most favorite place in the world. And that alone had made up for the exhausting day.

Groaning Miri tried to rub the soreness out of her muscles but to no avail. Defeated She slumped onto her bed and almost fell asleep before she realized that she was still in her clothes. forcing herself to get up Miri quickly changed into her pajamas and dropped once more into the heavenly mass of pillows suddenly dreading scheduling classes for school in the morning. Sighing sadly she fluffed her pillow and pulled up the covers. It didn't take long before exhaustion and boredom pulled her into a deep sleep.

/Hey guys. Sorry the chapter was so short I just wanted to get the first chapter published as soon as possible so I skipped the day date with Jess.Don't be afraid to leave a comment. I want harsh judgment! Even if you are reading this book after it is fully finished, I still could use anything that you have to say.And Thanks for reading!/