/27/

I felt like the song was right for today. Sunday Morning by Maroon 5 was playing on this Sunday morning as i pranced around my room. I was dancing and singing along to the words, I had even fell a few times. Only to get up and continuing doing ballerina jumps and manically flopping into my bed.

Earlier mom had made breakfast like a mother and girlfriend does. For some reason I was incredibly happy and ready for the day. If only I felt like this on Mondays and every other school day.

Gavin had brought mom a bouquet of roses and a teddy bear. She almost started crying and I stood there in awe. I was happy my mom had found someone like Gavin. Then they started kissing, and I took my plate of waffles to my room.

As I thought about how I wanted someone like Gavin one day, I found myself dancing with a partner that wasn't there. My plate of waffles was finished and sitting on my dresser.

The song genre took a turn from Maroon 5 to Sleeping With Sirens. Kick Me started playing through my speaker Gavin bought me a couple weeks ago.

I started singing along as I planned out an outfit for the day. I usually didn't even get dressed around 11, but it just felt like one of those days. In which, if I may add, I haven't had in a while.

"Keep looking down on me, I am more than you'll ever be. Cut me deep but I won't bleed. You can kick, kick, kick me when I'm down." I sing snaking my legs with my grey sweat pants. It's reaching the end of November and it was seriously getting cold outside. Snow had even begun falling a couple days ago.

As cold as it was, I loved the snow and the Christmas songs that came along with it.

I brush my teeth and leave my hair down. I put on my Cookie Monster hoodie and some socks. The socks made it easier to slide across the floor when Twenty One Pilots played through my speakers.

I started hearing a thud sound about 10 seconds apart. I turn down the music thinking mom or Gavin are knocking at the door. But after about 30 more seconds and hearing a voice call my name, I realized it was coming from my balcony. I pad towards the sliding doors and step outside. I look down and see a smiling face that could only belong to Kenneth.

"Hi."

"What are you doing here ?" I asked. I was grateful for the fact that under my room was a bathroom and living room that no one was currently in. Gavin and mom had came upstairs to their room.

"I want to hang out." He answers looking left and right seeming as if he doesn't want anyone to know he's in my backyard. I wouldn't want anyone to know either.

"Yeah, and going to my front door, or texting me what such a hassle." I roll my eyes sarcastically and walk back into my room closing the door behind me. I wasn't going to leave him down there. I grabbed my phone, black converse and left. I walked around the house to the backyard to see Kenneth still staring up at my room.

"Mhm." I clear my throat and his head snaps towards me. I instantly start laughing when his eyes went wide and jumps back little.

"Did you have to scare me?"

"Did you have to throw rocks on my balcony door like a romance novel?" I shot back grabbing his arm and dragging him to the front of my house. I stop at the sidewalk and we begin walking down my street. I realized I hadn't even put my shoes on, so I just carry them in my hand.

"What's up Kenny?" I ask thrown by what I had just called him. He takes this shocking moment to narrow his eyes at me.

"When have you ever called me 'Kenny'?" I shrug and he cringes at the nickname.