Chapter Sixteen: Finally Me

Malia's Pov

I took a deep breath as I stared at myself in the mirror. My fists clenched tightly as my knuckles turned slightly white.

Addison, Bree and I were backstage with the rest of the team getting ready to get on and perform.

We've got our uniforms on. We're just putting on our makeup before waiting to be called to head on stage.

To say we're all nervous would be an understatement. But, we need to remember to have confidence the entire time.

We're going out there and we're going to win.

Just a few hours left until we're on.

However, something has been bugging me for a little bit.

That girl. Elena. She's been on my mind for quite a while.

I never knew Principal Lee had a niece. But all of a sudden Elena makes an appearance and is all friendly and flirty towards me.

I appreciate her friendliness, but her flirtiness, I don't know what to think about that.

What has this girl done that's got me thinking about her when I literally just met her today?

Ugh! Why does she have to be so damn flirty? Why does she have to be so pretty?

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Addison calling my name. I shook my head and turned towards her.

"Yes, Addy?" I asked.

"I asked if you're alright. You've been in a daze for quite a while" Addison asked, worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just thinking" I reassured her.

"About Wyatt?" Addison asked, clearly worried.

"No, no, no. Anything but him. Believe me, I've been thinking of literally anything but him" I scoffed.

It's true.

I want nothing more than to get him out of my mind. Literally.

I just can't think about him. I won't think about him. Not after what he did to me.

"So, what are you thinking about?" Addison asked.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it" I reassured her, shooting her a small smile.

Addison returned the gesture and nodded, causing me to sigh quietly in relief.

"Hey, Malia, turn around" Addison smiled.

I raised an eyebrow at her, confused, but did as told.

When I turned around a smile appeared on my face when I saw Missy, Emily Dale. Emily was being held by Missy.

"Mommy!" Emily squealed.

"Princess!" I squealed back.

Missy set Emily down and my daughter immediately ran towards me.

I ran towards her and we met in the middle. I gathered her in my arms and spun us around, earning giggles from her.

I giggled along with her before stopping. I looked at her and she looked at me.

"What are you doing here, princess?" I asked.

"Wanted to see mommy before she went to cheer" Emily giggled, clapping her hands.

My heart melted at that and I softly smiled at her.

I turned towards Missy and Dale and saw them hugging Addison. They pulled away and smiled at me.