Chapter 211: Detroit Become Human AU

(I have no idea why it took me so long to actually write a DBH AU. I've watched so much gameplay, and by that I mean Bryan and Amelia Dechart, Jacksepticeye, Berleezy, and Berlezzy's sister Britani.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The intern stepped through the door, adjusting his flannel, walking down the hallway behind Colonel Rhodes. The home was massive, and incredibly bare, nothing about it made it homely. They walked into a lab, and an older scruffier man was tinkering around with large scraps of metal blasting some rock music. Rhodey tried getting his attention, but the music was too loud so he turned off the stereo. The man turned around, and met the eyes of Rhodey and turned to the young person standing in his lab.

"Why is there a tiny child in my lab?" He quizzed.

Rhodey recalled, "Do you not remember your 3am impulse buy? He's the RK810 intern android, you can choose his name."

The man sighed, remembering that drunken disaster, facepalming and sliding his hand down his face. The android didn't say anything, just watched as the two men conversed. "Can't we send him back?"

Rhodey shook his head, "No Tony. Not unless he becomes a deviant. I'm gonna have Jarvis make sure you don't have internet access past 12am unless it's an emergency."

Tony chuckled, "Ha, Jarvis wouldn't betray me like that. And fine, I'll come up with a name."

"Not an acronym, let it be a normal name." Rhodey added.

Tony rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah no acronyms, understood Honey bear."

He caught Rhodey's short smile and then turned to the android, "Now you, we need to program you and make sure everything's working. CyberLife is a hit or miss." The android came into view and walked towards Tony, taking the instructions that were given to him with no protest. After some more conversation, Rhodey left and Tony began to program his robot.

"Alright kid, what shall I name you?" He thought to himself out loud, while the android stared blankly.

He continued to "Tom? Nah too basic, Robert? Definitely not, what about... Peter! That's good, what do you think?"

"It's only your decision Mr. Stark." The android replied.

"Ah yes, you just respond to your program. Well now you have a name, and your program is pretty perfect if I do say so myself." Tony slightly boasted. The older man finished working on Peter's hardware and then started working around the workshop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks later.

Peter was cleaning around the lab, picking up after the man when he left cluttered messes in his wake. He was already well acquainted with his boss knowing some of his small behaviors. As he continued cleaning around the room, he heard a whirring sound come from behind him. He turned to see a big robot claw making its way out of the corner of the room. He analyzed it and found that it was Dum-E, Mr. Stark's first robot. They were more alike than he thought, both were programmed to do what they were told.

Although Dum-E had more so called "freedom", Peter didn't have much of an opinion when it came to that, he wasn't a deviant. So there wasn't anything to complain or get upset about, he didn't have emotions. Peter started talking to the other machine, "Hello Dum-E, I have to do some things for Mr. Stark." Then he got back to work heading to the coffee machine, waiting on the counter. He could hear Dum-E making noises and following behind him.

The long armed robot came forward and stayed by the coffee machine, while Peter told him. "I don't think you're permitted to make Mr. Stark a cup of coffee. That's my job." Dum-E started going nuts, flinging his arm around in a frenzy. Peter had no idea what he was doing, it all hit the fan, Peter tried to grab a mug but Dum-E was having none of it. He tossed the mug to the floor, Peter went to grab another mug, and Dum-E repeated his first action.

Peter shouted over Dum-E's destruction, "Dum-E stop destroying Mr. Stark's mugs. We both know I have to clean them up." That didn't get him to stop, instead he turned on the android, and picked him up by the back of his shirt. And was suspended in the air, not even panicking at the fact this robot is having a tantrum. He looks up to the ceiling, "Jarvis, can you please alert Mr. Stark? I seem to be in a precarious situation."

"Right away Peter." The A.I replied. Peter waited for his boss to come down to the lab, the older man soon witnessing the unusual sight in confusion.

"Peter, what is going on?" He asked, Dum-E turned, Peter meeting Tony's eyes.

"I'm not sure. I was just trying to make you a cup of coffee, and Dum-E is upset, I couldn't understand him much. But I didn't do anything to warrant this reaction." Peter explained.

Tony couldn't help but chuckle at Peter's delivery, "Dum-E put him down gently! Then clean up the two mugs you destroyed. And let Peter make the coffee."

Dum-E made more noises in protest, ultimately putting Peter down, "I'm not trying to replace you Dum-E. You were here first, so it wouldn't make sense since we have two different purposes." Peter then took a new mug and made coffee, handing it to Tony.

"If you're finished with everything, shall I introduce you to Toy Story?" Tony suggested.

Peter mimicked confusion, "What is Toy Story?"

"Oh trust me, you'll love it." And the two were off to watch the Toy Story series, Tony was definitely going to enjoy introducing Peter into the world of film.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 211