Chapter 198: New Years Kiss

(Yes, I'm aware that it's not even close to New Year's Eve. This is an old prompt I had. Sorry that it's short.)

Anyway on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wouldn't be a New Year's Eve party if Tony wasn't hosting. He practically invited everyone, the Avengers, Nick Fury and other SHIELD agents, and Peter along with May. Peter walked through the Stark residence getting overwhelmed by all of the people and the fact the only person there of his own age was one of his best friends, MJ. It was too crazy, although it would be extremely cliché to admit he'd been crushing on her.

To get away from the chaos, Peter went up on the rooftop. It let him breathe a sigh of relief, the view of the stars was beautiful, it was calming, and quiet. Just Peter, the stars, slightly cold wind, and everything fading away like white noise. At least until he heard a person's footsteps coming up to the rooftop he turned his head and saw MJ. "I thought I'd find you up here," She said.

"You did?" He asked.

MJ walked up and sat down next to him. "I saw you getting overwhelmed, and you disappeared. So I came to find you and here you are."

"Yeah, it was too chaotic. I needed some time to myself."

"Do you want me to leave?" MJ questioned, sounding a little uncertain.

Peter shook his head glancing down at his watch, "No, you can stay, we have like five minutes until the ball drops." Peter thought about it for a few minutes. This was his chance to tell MJ how he really felt, and maybe she liked him back. They sat in silence, watching the stars shimmer under the moonlight. That was until they heard shouting coming from downstairs. It meant they were counting down, the ball was dropping. MJ almost got up but Peter grabbed her hand and began rattling off his confession.

Five!

"MJ, I want to tell you something before the ball drops. So here goes nothing, I like you, I really like you. And I get it if you think this is dumb, but hey, it's about to be a new year."

Four!

"I hope I don't ruin our friendship, that's the last thing I want."

Three!

"Peter, I like you too." MJ admitted.

Peter was puzzled, "You do?"

Two!

"Yes, now shut up and kiss me."

One! Peter didn't answer. Instead he kissed MJ, that warm, fluttering feeling was the best thing in the world. It was officially a new year, and Peter was glad he could finally fess up his feelings. The two of them were under the stars. The night was beautiful. Peter pulled away and his eyes went to the ground, MJ was surprised Peter didn't stutter once in his confession. Neither of them could reply verbally. But Peter blinked a few times before a smile appeared on his face.

It's like he couldn't have been happier even if he won the lottery at that moment. MJ liked him back. Both of them looked to Times Square seeing the bright lights, the faint sound of New York by Frank Sinatra, and confetti flowing through the breeze. MJ gently pulled Peter's hands into her own as they watched people welcome the new year. The young teens cuddled up because of the cold, Peter rested his head on MJ's shoulder, while MJ laid her head atop of Peter's. This year is going to be different, and they were hopeful that it would be great.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 198