Luthien wanted to laugh at him, but stood petrified until he was gone and she was alone

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Luthien wanted to laugh at him, but stood petrified until he was gone and she was alone.
She tried to open the door, but it was locked. She tormented the bars until her hands ached.
Then she laid against a wall, feeling her mind and her body becoming too weak, until she could barely understand what was happening around her.

Time passed and Adar didn't come back.
She heard noises, then lounder sounds. She feared for herself but saw no orcs approaching her cell.
She tried to let her mind wander back to her happiest memories and fantasies, to hang on beauty of the world, when she was trapped in the ugliest place.
She pressed her hands on her ears, to save them from the cacophony around her.
Then finally silence fell.

Her tired arms dropped and she felt only the weak thuds of her heart.
She was going to die in there, she thought, but she didn't feel scared. She just wanted that hell to be over.
A shadow appeared behind the bars and she barely reacted.
She blinked, but couldn't see the features of Adar.
The tall silhouette reminded her of a beloved one and her heart beated faster with aching hope.
"Luthien" his voice called her.

Halbrand unlocked the door and pulled her to his arms

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Halbrand unlocked the door and pulled her to his arms.
She clinged to him with all her remaining forces.
If it was real or she was dead, she didn't mind.
"Are you hurt?" he asked checking her pitiful look.
"I'm in one piece" she noticed other shadows joining them, unveiling that Isildur and Arondir were both still alive.
"We need to go" the elf said with urgency and handed her a flask "It's clean water".
Halbrand took it and helped her take some gulps, then picked her in his arms, ignoring Arondir's protest to be the one to carry her.
Luthien recognized that she wasn't strong enough to walk. She wished she was, seeing how the men were bruised and covered in blood.
They exited what seemed a big fortress.
Arondir and Isildur led the way with their weapons ready, but the only orcs they met were the fallen ones.
Luthien saw the burned sky again, when she craved for the blue sky and some fresh wind.
Halbrand laid her down before she could feel sick.
"Don't be afraid. Adar is dead and the orcs should leave us in peace for a while" he said kneeling next to her.
Many questions rose to her dry lips, but before she could speak, his face darkened.
"Your arm is bleeding".
Before she could react, he pulled out a knife and cut the bottom of his shirt.
She watched him tie her arm. He noticed a cut when he was covered in blood and she hoped none of it was his.
"We need water. We can't walk back like this" Arondir was discussing with Isildur.
"What's the shortest way to get out of his hell? It feels like we're in the middle of it".
"We go northwest. We find the river" Halbrand said tiredly "For now we camp here and seek something edible".
"Isn't this the most dangerous place to camp?" Isildur asked.
"We cut the head of the enemies. The orcs fled because they are lost without a leader. After what we've been through, I don't think any of us can bear to march".
"Some horses would be our salvation right now" Arondir commented.
"Clean food and clean water is what I'd ask for" Halbrand remarked.
Luthien left them to their discussion. After the nightmare she lived, alone in that dark cell, being with her company again made her feel safe enough to rest a little.