Evolution of the Daleks

Start from the beginning

Dalek Caan managed to stop the noise by shooting the wireless. "Report status." it demanded.

"Pain." Sec groaned, pulling himself up, "Pain... of the flesh, like no Dalek has felt for thousands of years."

"The Doctor has escaped." Dalek Caan reported.

"Then find him. Find him!" Sec ordered.

Dalek Caan turned to Laszlo and the pig slaves. "Find the Doctor." it ordered, "The prisoners must be recaptured!"

———————————————————————————

Martha led the prisoners through the tunnels until they reached an intersection and she stopped, unsure of which way to go now. The Doctor and the Artist moved round to the front. "Come on, move! Move!" the Doctor hollered, now leading the way. They sprinted down another tunnel until they found Tallulah standing there, having gotten lost.

"Tallulah, c'mon!" the Artist urged.

"What's happened to Laszlo?" Tallulah shrieked as Martha grabbed her and pulled her along.

———————————————————————————

Laszlo meanwhile was further down the tunnels with Dalek Caan, Dalek Jast and the pig slaves, who were all in pursuit of the prisoners. When the opportunity presented itself, Laszlo managed to slip away.

———————————————————————————

Soon the Time Lords and humans reached a ladder leading up to the streets. "Come on, everyone up!" the Doctor urged, "Come on, come on!"

———————————————————————————

In the lab, Sec picked up the remains of the wireless. The Time Lords' words about humanity were buzzing about his head. He could feel things, things that Daleks hadn't felt since the days when they were still humanoid beings.

———————————————————————————

Meanwhile, the other Daleks had reached the ladder the prisoners had escaped up. "They have ascended." Dalek Caan observed. then turned to the pig slaves. "Return to base." The pig slaves grunted and complied, then Dalek Caan turned back to it's colleague. "Request information. What is your opinion of Dalek Sec?"

"We were created to follow him." Dalek Jast answered.

"But you have doubts?"

Dalek Jast looked around to make sure they were alone, then answered; "Affirmative."

———————————————————————————

Meanwhile, the prisoners had all escaped to Hooverville. Frank, Martha and Tallulah were sat on crates around the fire, while the Time Lords were explaining to Solomon about the Daleks. "These Daleks... They sound like the stuff of nightmares." Solomon said, "And they wanna breed?"

"They're splicing themselves onto human bodies." the Doctor replied, "If I'm right, they've got a farm of breeding stock right here in Hooverville. You've gotta get everyone out."

"Hooverville's the lowest place a man can fall, there's nowhere else to go!" Solomon pointed out.

"I'm sorry, Solomon, but you've gotta scatter!" the Doctor urged, "Go anywhere! Get onto the railroads, travel across state, just get outta New York!"

"There's gotta be a way of reasoning with these things." Solomon said, not ready to give up just yet.

"There's not a chance." Martha scoffed.