I glanced back at him to find him doing exactly what he had called me out for multiple times. I raised my eyebrow at him, "Who's staring now?" I taunted. "Eyes on the road."

Kai did the opposite and came to a stop at the side of the road. I shot him a confused look. "What are you doing?" I only just about asked my question before Kai grabbed me by the neck and pulled my upper body over the console in the middle of us.

Neither of us said anything for a second. The only noise to be heard was the metal of the car cooling down now that the engine had stopped and the crickets that chirped in the sparse bushes along the side of the road.
He looked breathtaking and I mentally scolded myself for thinking that about him. God the Prison World had turned everything upside down, to the point that I was attracted to a sociopath.

"Kai." I said, trying to get his attention. He seemed to have gone somewhere else in his mind.
He pulled back from me for a moment before letting go of me completely and slouching back in his seat.

That was strange from him. I didn't know if I was disappointed or concerned that he didn't kiss me. He seemed to eager. Either way I was fine, Kai not kissing me didn't make a difference and if he did kiss me I shouldn't start feeling things. Though that was becoming increasingly difficult.

He pulled off again without another word and we drove in silence until it was dark. I didn't dare say anything. I thought he might have a psychotic break. The behaviour he exhibited on a normal day was weird, but that was out of character, even for him. He himself didn't look like he knew what he was doing. Perhaps he let himself slip like I had. Not to get anything from me but just because he wanted to.

I observed him more as we drove, without him saying a word this time. I watched Kai glance from the road down to the gear stick before taking his hand off and replacing it with mine. I let out a squeal just as Kai placed his hand back over mine so that in theory I was driving the car. While I could drive, sitting in the passenger seat and changing gears was very uncomfortable.
"Kai let go." I laughed. "I'm not a good driver please."

"Hey I'm still driving you're just holding the gear stick." He pointed out. "Maybe you'll learn something." I shook my head urgently, feeling nervous though oddly comforted by Kai's hand on mine.

"Alright, alright." I gave up and let him interlock my fingers with his.

If I even breathed a word of this to Bonnie she would end me. When I got here I could tell Kai scared her and then the Family Massacre got bought up and there was no going back. I'd tell Elena, after all she'd dealt with this between Stefan and Damon and I felt bad that it was happening again. I wouldn't let it happen. I'd have to tell him what happened but I didn't know how to go about the in between parts.

I'd have to explain to the others about my time here and therefore explain Portland and what happened with my family. Their new knowledge about who I was could make or break a lot of my friendships and honestly I was thinking about how to lie my way out of it. There was the problem of Luke and Olivia and Kai's sister who was somewhere out there that could Identify who I was. I knew he hadn't killed her from the story he told me. She helped trap him here.
There was also my own sister but I just hoped for the past two years that karma had caught up with her.

While the blues that the Prison World had given me had faded slightly, I was still wary of Joshua Parker stopping us going home. If the thought had crossed my mind I know it had crossed Kai's ten times over. He calculated everything.