Chapter twenty two

Start from the beginning

I lean back in my seat, "There's nothing more there Pablo, he doesn't do relationships. You know that." Saying these words out loud feels weird, but because of the man Pablo is I know I can be straight forward with him without being afraid that he'll use my words against me. "Though I'm sure that's not why you're here, what do you want? Spit it out."

Pablo isn't the type to sugarcoat, yet I see him walking around what he really wants to talk about.

He goes back to scratching his head and I notice that he does that a lot when he's nervous.
"Uh, so.." he starts, "I'm getting married in a couple of weeks."
I smile, and nod, Bruno has already asked if I wanted to come to the wedding with him.
"And?"
"And, um," he looks around nervously, I have never ever seen Pablo Romero be so nervous and it's intriguing. "I have no damn idea of what to do, honeymoon and all that shit."
I laugh, he doesn't need to say more, I already understand what he's trying to say.

"Talk with Bruno, he'll let you use the island, make sure it's private for you two only and make it comfortable for her." I say, Bruno got the island that Xander owned, it's the perfect place for a honeymoon. Pablo nods, as if he's taking mental notes.
"And Pablo? Go easy on her, I know you're a gentleman but she looks young and the chance of her being inexperienced-"
Pablo's eyes widen, "you think she's a virgin? She's nineteen, and have you seen her? No way." I laugh at his comment, she is beautiful indeed but that doesn't mean anything.
"Pablo, I lost mine the day I turned eighteen, age doesn't tell you shit and neither does appearance."

I let out another laugh when I see the stressed look on his face just thinking that his wife may or may not be a virgin. Yet I'm sure that out of all the guys, he's the best at handling that.
"Relax Pablo, I don't even know her," I lean forward, "just be gentle either way."
He lets out a deep breath, "of course."
"Thank you" he says as he stands up, ready to leave.
"Anytime." I smile.

I follow him to the door; he opens it and walks outside but stops before closing it. He turns around and looks at me,
"By the way," he says, "It's not that he doesn't do relationships, he's just scared of commitment because every person he's given his heart to has ended up breaking it."

Pablo leaves but his words linger in the air, I wonder if he means her. Did Alexa break his heart? Or does he mean someone else?

FLASHBACK
2 years ago

I suck in a breath and collect myself. I have to see him before I leave, I cant leave without telling him what's on my mind, what's in my heart. He didn't want to give me empty promises, he's broken too and I shouldn't have put that pressure on him. It felt like we were close to something though, and I don't want to leave him just like that.

I muster up the courage and walk up to his apartment door. The door is open, so I walk in and I stop the second I see him. He's sitting on the sofa, with a drink in his hand. His eyes are bloodshot, and I can see the tear stains on his cheeks. His hair is messy and all I want to do is walk up to him, hold him and keep him in my arms.

I take a step closer but freeze still when I see pink heels. My eyes travel up to the blonde hair, Alexa. She's here? He told me he wanted to be alone. He needed space. Maybe she just came, he's probably going to tell her to leave.

She walks over to him; he's staring out the window at the pink sky with blank eyes. It's like he's here physically but his mind is a different place. She takes a seat next to him, I can see that she's been crying too. She grabs the glass from his hand, and he doesn't say anything, he keeps staring out the window. She places the drink on the glass table and turns to him, she holds him and says something, but I can't make out what it is. I gulp, it feels like something is stuck in my throat, and when his arms slide around her I feel like throwing up.