14 ; a series of irrevocable events

Start from the beginning

Scott stepped over to Lena, their bodies nearly touching as his smile faltered. "You ready for this?" He asks, Lena's grin fading away altogether.

"I don't know," Lena replies truthfully. "I just feel like we're doing everything wrong at this point. That maybe Cora's right. Maybe we are just a bunch of stupid teenagers."

Scott's small smile turned sympathetic, his head nodding slightly. "No, Len, don't think like that. We're trying. I'm trying. You're trying. But, uh, if anything happens tonight- anything at all- you find me, alright?" He spoke quickly, as if he thought she wouldn't agree. "I'd probably turn into that monster Morrell was talking about if something happened to you."

Lena sucked in a breath, nodding quickly. Scott smiled in return, a way of reassuring both himself and Lena that they'd both come out unscathed, and unfazed after the darkness of night fades to the calm hint of sunrise. The McCall boy's smile faded, however, because he knew his attempts were failing and Lena felt no better than she had five seconds ago.

Ditching the conversation topic altogether, Scott raised the spare helmet over Lena's head, placing it gently over her head as the girl cracked a smile.

"This might just be the first time we've been alone - without Stiles - in over a week."

Scott stopped his movements, the helmet not even halfway onto Lena's head. She took a nanosecond to analyze his eyes, trying to see what it was the halted his actions. Scott, on the other hand, was fighting a battle against his own insecurities. And, in such a small amount of time, Scott's inner teenage boy took over his mind, and still, Lena had no idea what idea was running through his mind.

Lena peered up at Scott through the helmet, which was soon pulled back over her head. Scott let the helmet drop to the ground, and the instant his hands were free, they were holding Lena's face gently. The girl, in spite of her badass persona, felt as if her heart was about to splinter her ribs- what with its excessive beating that Scott, no doubt, could hear clear as day. Lena's nervousness seemed to give Scott another burst of confidence, the boy moving to close the space between their lips.

Lips connected and Scott had to refrain from pulling back and screaming out of joy (and relief). Lena's hands swung around his neck, and she tried to ignore the bike's handle jamming into her back as Scott stepped forwards, his cheeks burning a bright pink. Scott's eyes were clamped shut, both his and Lena's faces heating up as the former deepened the kiss.

Eventually, it was Lena who stepped backwards, her words laced with constant breaths as she grinned up at the boy before her. While Lena decided to speak her mind, Scott instantly became worried that he'd done the wrong thing.

That this irrevocable moment was one that, despite his wanting and unhinging impatience, was one that shouldn't have ever occurred in the first place; but, his worries were subdued when Lena's hand came up to hold his face, tracing light patterns with her forefinger while mumbling faint words that meant nearly nothing to the McCall boy until she reached her definitive sentence.

"I'd cheer, but I was never good at it. So I'm going for a different tactic:" - the boy smiled so wide he swears he can feel his skin tearing - "Finally. Honestly, McCall, I thought you'd never do it." - The girl pauses to examine the light in his eyes - "And I'm really glad you did." - She bites down on her lip, contemplating the effects of her next words, and decides to screw it, what have I got to lose? - "I, for the first time in a very, very long time, realized that I like someone enough to let them like me. I like you, Scott. I like you a whole hell of a freaking lot."

Lena instantly let her head drop, heat spreading like wildfire over her facial features faster than she could work to suppress it- so much so that she felt her eyes begin to water. She bit down on her lip, refusing to meet his eyes. She swears she hears him mumbling to himself. He hasn't left, so that must be a good sign, she thinks bitterly. And with the next words to leave his lips, Lena feels the puzzle pieces of her life seem to slip right into place.