Hm. Maybe my plan didn't work out earlier. But it's going to work out now in a much better way.

He looks up from his glass. His green eyes stare right at me. Stay calm, Ben. He does not need to know about your plan.

"You." His answer makes me pause my hand that's holding the glass of whiskey half way to my mouth for a brief second before I raise a brow. I want to look as shocked as possible. "There is only one person who can put her under control. That's you." He confirms. He sounds so sure. I sip my whiskey. He is openly sending his sister into the Lion's den.

"Why?" I need to know what he is thinking. He sighs and looks like he is thinking or remembering something.

"You are the most disciplined man I know. I have known you since childhood. I have seen the work you put into life. I trust you. I know you both had a thing for each other in high school, but it's been ten years, Ben. Look where you are now." He juts his chin at the surroundings. We are sitting in one of my hotels as we are drinking and having this conversation. "You have both moved on."

Like heck I did! We had a thing?! It was not a thing Max, it was fucking Love! Love that got crushed like it's nothing! I thought Love was everything! I thought I could keep her happy! But that night... THAT SINGLE FUCKING NIGHT... It changed everything.

"After what her stupid friend did..." Max spits his name "Chris!" Yes fucking Chris! "She is not ready for anything. All she does is exercise and waiting for Dad to speak with her." Her father is not speaking to her? Guess she finally did manage to piss him off! "She wants to do anything Dad will tell her to do now."

"He is never going to send her to me." I know that.

"You are in a relationship now, Max." He tells me like is reminding me. I want to roll my eyes. Yes, relationship. I think sarcastically. "Miranda and you are the most sought after couple." Of course. We try to make the best public appearances! We should look believable like the best couple after all! That's why I hired her! "I need your help, Ben." I just stare at him. He never asked me anything!

I always wanted to repay him. Ever since I was a kid, he has been my best friend. We grew up together. Even though my mother worked as a maid at his place, he never once treated me like I am lower than him. My education till graduation was sponsored by the Albertos like they do for all the kids whose parents worked at the mansion.

"You two are miles apart. You are Prim and Proper. She is not. You are silent. She is wild! You are strict, she is anything but."

Thank you for pointing out the obvious, max! It's like no one thinks we should be together!

"Layla needs to be disciplined, she needs to know whom to trust and whom to not."

She still trusts everyone? She never doubted anyone around her and thought people only loved her for her. They did, but they also loved the money that came with her.

"Last week she wrote a check for 1 million when someone told her that they are collecting funds for Child Cancer. It's a good thing she informed me. I found out they were fake and cancelled the check immediately." He sounds tired.

My Little Star. You still did not change.

"I just want you to take her as an intern and at least teach her the basics of life." I just stare at him as he speaks.

You are not even worth standing beside her!

The words that I have been told over and over again repeat in my head. The stab in my chest deepens.

"I will take her as an intern." I accept. I am glad my plan did not work. This is even better. "She will be working directly under me." I pause. That didn't sound right. I clear my throat. "She will be working with my secretary. I will have her start with basics."

"I owe you one for this." He gulps down the last of his drink. I gulp down mine too.

No. I owe you, my friend! I owe you! You are sending her right to me like I always wanted!

"I will have her join your company from next week." He informs. I nod my head.

Ah! I wish I could have her join tomorrow! If it was up to me I would have her with me right now! I open my phone and look at news.

The Duke's Daughter and the Drug Scandal.

I read the news again and again.

Mr. Alberto really pulled the strings to get her out of this. I thought he would finally ask me to be the lawyer, but that didn't happen of course. He called the lawyers from overseas to fight this case. She has won the case and has been taken home. As per the plan, I was supposed to fight for her. I was supposed to meet her as the successful lawyer and a successful business man.

How stupid of me? All the sleepless nights. All the hard work. All this success... I am climbing ladder after ladder to reach her, but she is still far! She really is a Star! Far and shining!

Her bright brown eyes have filled by dreams every night. Her smile pushed me to achieve things. The sound of her laugh made me want to work harder to reach her. I am yearning for the time she will look at me like the night she looked at me when I first made love to her. Like I am her world! Fuck! Don't lose it, Ben! Not here! Not now!

I look at the image beneath the news. Her face is covered in huge dark glasses and she is wearing a whole designer outfit. She is rich and she likes to show it. Just like always! As I zoom in on her face, my heart tugs. The anxiety on her face gets me. This is not how it should be. I had not planned for this.

But this is a perfect chance. I will have the perfect chance to make her fall in love with me, to get her to trust me, which is easy and to have her date me. It would be a sweet sweet revenge.

A smirk tugs my lips.

I could imagine the look on HIS face.

It is going to be worth. But something fills my chest with happiness.

My Little Star. With me. Working under-for me.

I am going to get you back, Layla. For myself and for my revenge.

Max orders no one round for us. He discusses business. My mind is only focused on one thing.

My Little Star, It is time to play!

A/N:

Hey my cute dumplings!

Grrr. What is Ben doing?! His craziness is just unleashing though. If he can do this to get her to him, what will his revenge be like.

It's always the Prim and Proper that put up the best disguise. Is he a Devil in Disguise? What do you think he is planning?

Get ready to meet Layla, the Brat.

Tell me what you think.

Please VOTE and COMMENT.