"You just living for real." he finished. Katan rubbed his tongue across the bottom row of his teeth, he felt weird about being so vocal right now.

Although he was just speaking his mind, he still felt like he said too much. Not in the sense that he shared too much information but in the way that he literally talked too much.

"You're not wrong." Tori hummed " With that being said, do you feel as if your childhood was more so good or bad?"

"There was good in the bad." Was all he said but Tori could understand perfectly what he meant - she knew his reservations would come back but she just took it with a grain of salt.

"Do you have any type of resentment towards your childhood?" Tori watched his body language when she had asked that question - she noted how he crossed his arms and nibbled on his bottom lip before answering.

"Ion' feel no type of way about it." he shrugged his shoulders once again " it was a childhood, my childhood."

Tori pursed her lips and nodded her head whilst closing up her pad and placing her gel pen on top. " I feel like when I say this you can have a deeper understanding because you work with children yourself."

"Children are like sponges, they will do, they will say, and they will have understanding about everything that's introduced to them through us. Through the people that guide them."

"Kids that have a difficult upbringing often look at how they were raised as ok or as a past experience that has nothing to do with the present, instead of a foundation."

Tori adjusted her glasses that had started to slide down her nose " and there's such a misconception when it comes to foundations and how once they're there they can't be changed or even founded themselves."

"But what if you're fine with yo' foundation?" He interjected, understanding where this session was going.

"That's the thing," Tori beamed. " You can be fine with your foundation but will you feel the same when it collapses under all that underlying pressure?"

"Will you be fine when you realize that these habits that wear and tear you mentally and physically have nothing to do with something in your present but from something from your past?"

"Or what about when it doesn't just stop with you?" She hummed, tilting her head to the side " what about when it starts to affect the people you love and cherish?"

"Will you still be fine with that foundation then?"

September.20.2020

"Meri, baby, can you help me in the kitchen?" Alicia - KT's mom - asked.

It was the first thing Katan heard as he stepped down from the stairs, he had been holed up in his room for the majority of the day. There wasn't much for him to do, not much he wanted to do anyway.

He knew today was Sunday and that meant that his mom was doing Sunday dinner, it was something she had done since he stepped into highschool.

His mom was like a mother to everyone, she went out of her way to make sure everyone was good and didn't want anything in return , all she really wanted was for you to be doing what you were supposed to be doing.

"Yes ma'am." Ameri replied, rubbing her damp hands along a paper towel she had grabbed.

"You be coming to these?" Was the first thing Katan said once his feet hit the last step.

Ameri rolled her eyes, " Hi Katan, how are you? How have you been? Me? Oh I'm good."

"Here you go." He glanced off to the side with a sigh.