26: Break A Few Eggs

Start from the beginning

Aizawa rounded the corner on the stairs at the same time and the trio shared a moment of silence as the realization the villain was just a copy sank in. 

"I fought another double outside." Aizawa said, breaking the silence. 

"What do we do now?" Mina asked, rushing out of the classroom with the rest of them. 

"You all stay here and wait for more of your classmates to make it safety." The teacher instructed. He started making his way back towards the stairs as the rest of the class protested, wanting to go outside. Taiya saw his exit narrow. 

Quickly he jumped over the banister and down the stairs ahead of Aizawa, ignoring both teachers as they shouted at him to get back inside. He needed to know what was going on out there and he needed to help. 

---------- ------------ ----------- ----------- ------------ ------------ ----------- 

Taiya could hear the echoes of his classmates voice through the trees. It was an advantage of his quirk that, due to his lack of time in nature, he had never discovered before. 

But he didn't much enjoy it as right now all he could hear was screaming. Mostly people screaming for Bakugou and as he closed in on where the fight was happening his nerves became more and more frayed, wondering what on earth was happening. 

As he got within five feet he slowly morphed some of his features back to human. Being a celebrity had taught him that even in an emergency, image comes first and that was a hard habit to shake. 

From the tree line he could see Todoroki raise an ice wall to defend against a reptilian villain. The wall prevented him from seeing the rest of the fight so he decided that was his moment to step into the clearing. 

"On your right!" He shouted to Todoroki as he extended his claws and ran up the ice wall. 

When he reached the top he saw the villain from earlier, or at least another copy, holding two marbles while Midoriya chased after him. 

Quickly, Taiya leapt from the wall, landing and rolling just a few feet ahead of Midoriya, but closer to the villain. 

"Oh look, backups arrived." The villain taunted. "I don't think it'll help you get these two back though.". 

The magician looking villain lifted his mask, opening his mouth and revealing two marbles. Taiya was confused until he saw Midoriya's horrified expression. 

"Tokoyami, Kacchan..." He muttered, his eyes glued to the marbles. 

Taiya's brain all but stopped working when he realized those were his classmates, trapped in tiny little balls. 

In his moment of hesitation a giant blob appeared on the scene. 

"Kurogiri, take us out of here." The villain ordered. 

"That's the warp villain from the U.S.J." Midoriya informed him. Taiya swallowed and nodded, trying to make a plan in the half second before the black haired villain disappeared with his classmates. 

In that time, a nomu appeared, similar to the ones they had fought at the U.S.J. God this felt like U.S.J part two, especially with Taiya missing half the action. 

The magician villain was about to lower his mask when suddenly Aoyama's navel laser hit him square in the face. Taiya lunged for the marbles, managing to grab one. Todoroki however, was unable to grab the one he had jumped for, the black haired flame villain snagging it at the last second instead. 

"Why don't you turn off your quirk and we can blow this joint." He suggested. The magician looking villain nodded and suddenly the marble in Taiya's hand turned into Tokoyami.