Welcome to The Writing School

Welcome to the Shut Up and Write Writing School. Our school was founded in 2015 when the group first started. We've had a bit of a hiatus and now we're back. New teachers, new lessons, and we're open for new writers who love to learn.

The course will be delivered via six 'writing challenges', called Modules. Each Module is designed to challenge you to teach yourself how to write better fiction! Yep, that's right - you're going to learn by writing.

The point here is to do, not just listen (although we've got a bit of that for you as well if you enjoy audio classes). Each of the six Modules will come with a specific word count you must reach, a specific challenge, a lesson on how to write for that challenge, additional resources for self-directed study, and some writing prompts in case you get writer's block. All of these will combine to help you practise the fundamentals of fiction writing, and become better fiction writers as a result!

Note: Each module will come with a subsidiary Discord voice chat lesson on a related topic. So if you want to learn more, you can! But it's not mandatory.

When you've completed your challenge, you will submit it to your teacher(s) for marking. They're not going to pull apart the entire thing, but rather they'll mark you only on the specific challenge of that Module. So, you don't have to get everything perfect! But you will get good feedback on your application of the challenge, and how to improve.

Please note, this activity will require discord.