first love

maybe because you were my first love i could never hate you.

you were there, maybe it was love at first sight, could it even be sight? well either way, you were there when i needed you. you were there at my happiest. you were there when i was at my lowest. you were there when i needed comfort. you were there when i needed someone. you were there, no matter what.

you made me feel heartbreak and i dont resent you for that. maybe it is my fault that we couldnt have that, you even confessed and i really thought you were joking. if only i reached out to you, if only i wasnt a coward, if only i wasnt to scared to confess, if only i wasnt afraid of rejection, but all these 'if only' can never change the past.

i still hate him, maybe you still do to. he made you feel heartbroken, he made you cry, he made you feel like shit, he made you feel like you arent even worth his time and i hate him for that. i despise him, i loathe him so so so much.

i can only hate him and myself, but never you because you were the first person i truly loved. you will probably be my first and last love, the one who made me experience heartbreak and i will never resent you for this.

thank you. thank you for all of this. im so glad im able to experience what its like to truly fall in love and i will never regret falling for you. thank you for this experience. thank you for reaching out to me that day. thank you for being my friend. thank you for being there for me. just thank you. im so glad i met you, and you will always hold a special place in my heart even if i forget you, my first love.