2. Stay Calm

"Ms. Blue," one of the police officers prompts once Sapphire stepps into the station.

"Yes, Donny?" Sapphire turns to look at the younger man who was carrying a big bag box with him. He was no more than 25 but he was doing impressively well. If you had asked him, he would probably say that's because the best police woman in the world is his mentor. Sapphire on the other hand would fully disagree with him. She chose to mentor Donny because she saw a potential in him.

 She saw it in Casimir too. 

"Firstly, I wanted to congratulate you, officer Blue". Donny's eyes are gleaming with pride for his teacher. 

"Thank yo-" Sapphire starts saying even though the bitter taste of sadness is burning her throat and threatening to overflow her body, again.

"I know how hard it was for you to catch him. I know how hard you worked to do arrest him, you were staying all night investigating his case and why he always do the same mistakes over and over-"

She was in fact not helping the case anymore. She was investigating, but not because she wanted to catch him, not anymore. She wanted to help him get away without jail time. The day she realized what he was actually doing changed everything. That he is in fact innocent and everything that he was doing was because he actually had a heart and wanted to help the ones that no one wanted. The people, that everyone had forgotten about, were left fighting for their lives without anyone behind their back. At least until they met the 'criminal' Casimir Wojtek. 

"I don't want to be rude, I'm sorry for interrupting you, but I should go. Please don't get me wrong, I'm just not feeling too well…" Sapphire said to the boy with as normal as her voice was able to be right now .

 She didn't lie to him, she isn't okay. Her whole body is shaking, her pulse vibrating, so hard that she is probably able to feel her head pulsating. Her heart is broken, knowing that the only real love she had ever had will be in prison forever and believing this is all her fault.

"Of course, no worries. I know that a lot is waiting for you after today. You are going to be famous and everyone is going to know your name". The boy smiles showing how happy he is, but Sapphire seems to not understand his words because she looks at him visibly confused and pulls her lower lip between her teeth.

"You know- after catching such an important criminal , you are going to be the most famous officer not only in this region but even across the country. Paparazzi are going to stalk you, everywhere you go now, but they should know better than to mess with the best policewoman". The boy winks at her, but Sapphire just sighs, faking excitement.

"I should go now," she is walking past him when he caughts her arm and slightly pulling her back. 

"I was going to forget," he gives her the plastic box that he is holding. 

"These are the belongings of Casimir Wojtek. I thought that you should be the first one to look through them". Sapphire opens her mouth to say something; either how surprised or how thankful she is for this, but ends up gawking and nodding and simply says "thank you!".
....

I know this was shorter chapter, but I'm gonna try and upload the next one pretty soon.

For now, how do you feel about this? Will she find something useful In there or it will make her just sadder?