▪︎Chapter 07▪︎ - special

Start from the beginning

'If I agree, it would mean that Agency will end up doing the dirty work that is against it's rules, but we'll get serious help from those who had been facing crime on daily bases - even though in different style -.
If I deny, we'll have to watch whole Yokohama with very small numbers of people, but keep order in our old ways. But Boss had to know what he was doing when he ordered me to comfort this God-knows-what with such offer...
My, my, Atsushi-kun... your idea of dreamy alliance is not as simple as you think...'

"Dazai-kun, you know that everything both of our organizations do is for sake of this city, right? Even the stopping of a smuggling ship is for Yokohama's well being and good reputation." Mori stoke up once more as his voice echoed through the room.

"But you do everything the easiest way by taking the bloody path and use fear as a weapon, because it takes only little effort... If someone disobeys you, it's easier to kill them than talk about compromise or face the sorce of the problem" Dazai argued, still half lost in his own thoughts.
"But so do you." Mori's words tore through Dazai like a cold blade.
"You take this path to this day, but cover it up by thought of fighting on the 'Good side'." Mafia boss continued and watched Dazai's frozen expression with amusement.
"But what works, works. Am I right?"

'Shut up! You're trying to manipulate me again- I HAVE changed!'

"Silence..."
"What's that?"

'And this decision of mine is for Yokohama's safety made with only good intentions... yet I curse myself for saying it outloud...'

"I have your answer." Dazai faced Mori again.
"That being..."
"I agree." Dazai said with confidence, yet cursing himself from the inside.

Just then, the doors opened, followed by by loud familiar shouting.

"Chibi-chan?"

-

"How is it physically possible for someone to eat this much sugar?" Chuuya mumbled to himself.
"Are you jealous?" Elise faced him and finished eating her large portion of strawberry ice cream.

They were on their way to the boss's office after taking a walk to the ice cream stand - Mafia boss had some kind of meeting during that time and he needed to find some kind of distraction for Elise to get the work done, so he hired Chuuya to take care of it and the executive haven't thought of anything better than buying her sweets to shut her up-.

"Yeah, as if. You'll only get fat and die." Chuuya flipped the little girl off.
"Face it, you can't accept the fact that drinking milk and eating more than necessary won't make you taller." Elise pierced the exercise with her sly words.
"Excuse you! I-"
"I'm only twenty-two years old, I can still grow, God damn it!" Elise mocked Chuuya's classic excuse. "Yeah, only in your dreams" she added.
Chuuya and Elise stopped right in front of large wooden door to boss's office.
"Say that again..." Chuuya hissed.
Elise smirked and thought of the best words that would throw the executive off.
"Nakahara Chuuya, user of corruption power - For the tainted sorrow -, Arahabaki and Port Mafia's executive, is short."

Just as Chuuya caught his breath to yell at the girl, Elise opened the door to the office.

-

"YOU PESKY LITTLE BRAT!! I'LL RIP OUT YOUR SPINE AND WE'LL SEE WHO'S THE DEFORMED DWARF NOW!!!" Chuuya screamed on top of his lungs, hardly holding back from grabbing the girl by her neck.
Elise just smiled at his reaction and Chuuya realized what she was planning:
Getting him in trouble.

Elise made herself cry and played the role of a victim, meanwhile Chuuya froze in place.

"Rintarō!! Chuuya is mean to me!!" Elise sobbed and ran to the Mafia boss with fake tears in her eyes.
Mori patted her head and thew a sharp look in Chuuya's direction.

"Chibi-chan?" Dazai said.
'Great! Now it's this asshole too...' Chuuya though and kneeled in front of the boss.

"Stand up. We'll talk about it later." Mori said to Chuuya and faced Dazai again.
"And we'll get this over with. So, you want few of my men. Are there any request ones or is it yet to be decided?"
"Nope. I'll probably let it up to you to avoid fights in the Agency. Just send someone over." Dazai said and tossed the confrontation letter from Fukuzawa at Mori's desk.

"Shall I leave you two alone to finish the meeting, sir?" Chuuya spoke up from the corner of the room.
"I suppose the meeting is over, so there is no need. But I'll ask you to politely lead out our guest." Mori glanced over to Dazai.
Chuuya did the same and gave the man in brown coat a bitter look.
"Understood." Chuuya said and walked up to Dazai, just to turn to head towards the door as soon as he got few feet away from him.
Dazai shrugged and followed Chuuya out without saying a word to the Mafia boss.

-

"Oh Chuuya~ what a nice trouble you got yourself in... Why is that? You are the purest human being I know~ Was that a misunderstanding perhaps?" Dazai sang out to get under Chuuya's skin. "Though I doubt that screaming at the little child you were meant to babysit could be mistaken..." he added.
"Shut up! She did that on purpose!" Chuuya hissed.
"Is that so?" Dazai raised his eyebrow dramatically.
"Yes, that child is a monster!" Chuuya complained, not caring if the guard they passed on their way heard them or not.
"Who can she have it from..." Dazai didn't even try to cover his hatered towards the Head of Port Mafia anymore. Anyone who would go against Mori would soon die, but that didn't seem as a problem to Dazai in any way.
"But still, what did she do to make you snap like that?" Dazai asked the small executive that walked few steps ahead of him to avoid accidentally looking at the Agency Boss's representative.
Chuuya thought for a while to pick the right words, but soon gave up and with a deep sight said:
"She called me short." Chuuya complained, making Dazai bust out laughing.
"SHUT UP!! I'M SURE THAT THERE IS STILL A WAY FOR ME TO GROW UP!!!"
"Try time travel or wishing well-" Dazai managed to say between hard laugh.
"FUCK OFF!!!"
"I love you too, Chu Chu." Dazai patted Chuuya's shoulder, getting kicked in knee right after his action by the shorter one.

~

Words: 1787

I didn't get to main plot of this chapter...
T^T, but at least it let's reader know more about the current situation of main three charakters in this chapter if nothing more...

I'll find a way to somehow explained the planned plot it in the next chapter (hopefully).

I hope you enjoyed the spooky season and reading these chapters

(⁠~⁠‾⁠▿⁠‾⁠)⁠~