▪︎Chapter 07▪︎ - special

Spooky collaboration
-short Halloween special-
(TW: swearing)

~

"What's up, Ō-gay!"
Dazai's voice rung through the large office in Port Mafia headquarters.

"Look at you, Halloween is here and you look like a monster perfectly! And even without a costume!" Dazai exclaimed as he stepped into Port Mafia boss's office.
"I'm glad to see you too, Dazai." Head of Mafia returned Dazai's so called greetings.

"Anyway, I didn't come here only to insult you straight in that monsterous face of yours-" Dazai changed the subject.
"What a shame..." Mori put both of his elbows at the dark wooden desktop and connect his fingers, resting his chin on them without breaking the eye contact with Agency President's representative and his ex top executive Osamu Dazai.

"As you know, or organizations formed a temporary peace, which I didn't agree with in the first place, but who cares..." Dazai began explaining his main point to finish his business and get out of Mafia headquarters as soon as possible.
"Long story short, we have to help each other with our businesses in some way, and Agency's main one is to protect people. Halloween celebrations are one of the biggest ones in the whole year, which means that they are a complete paradise for criminals - you should know best -. Late night trick or treating, workshops and booths all over the place, large crowds and the damn masks! If anyone was to robb a shop for example, they could wear a mask as another ten people and no one would find out who was the thief! So, I ask you to send us few of your men to keep order in the city with us for tomorrow - President's orders. I hope it makes sence to you, because it sure does not to me, but who am I to question President's decisions." Dazai said.

"Interesting. Will you help us stop a smuggling ship in return?" Mori raised an eyebrow.
"Maybe." Dazai said sharply.
"Then I agree with your offer. Maybe." Mori mocked Dazai slightly. The bandaged one crossed his arms to hold back from punching the Mafia boss.
"I'm so sorry, Dazai. But 'maybe' is not an option. It's either clear 'yes' or clear 'no'. If we sticked with 'maybe', vulnerable would be the one that believes in the other and expects them to follow the rules. I'm not playing this way." Mori explained, making Dazai even more angry.
"Make your decision, either you help us too or we'll let it be." Mori argued without changing expression of mischievous smirk coming from someone who's above the situation.

"Are you out of your mind? When you and our Boss made that alliance, it was also a clear 'yes'. There is no backing up now!" Dazai snapped at the Mafia boss.

That place...
That feel...
Those people...
It all made Dazai loose his mind.
He wanted nothing to do with Mafia ever again. Nothing!
- There were few exceptions such as his past friends Oda and Chuuya who Dazai hoped will open his eyes and take the right path too, but exept them, there was no one and nothing from the Port Mafia that Dazai didn't want to dispose off for good -

Mori just smiled as if nothing happened.
"Dazai-kun, I know the rules even more than you do, so there is no need in lecturing me. And I'm once again asking you to give me your final answer." Mafia boss took path of assertive communication, yet Dazai cold sence the venomous manipulation in boss's words.
He thought for a moment.
"You see, everything in this world has an equal price - including actions -. Either you pay your price for our help, or we let it be this time, and you'll handle it all by yourself." Mori disturbed Dazai's thoughts.

"Are you playing some kind of mind game with me?" Dazai spoke up.
"Maybe." Mori replied.

"Damnit! Fine! I'll give you a clear answer, but it's not as easy as you think!" Dazai felt how he was returning to his old self. Cruel, mad, manipulative, mercyless... not much different from the one sitting in front of him at their desk.