Chapter 99 ~ Lunch Break

Start from the beginning

"Eh...? Is this really... The "dining hall"...?"

"Wow... How amazing..."

Upon arriving at the... "dining hall", Ellie and I stood in amaze as we looked around us.

This... This is not a cafeteria...

T-This is a luxurious 5-star restaurant!!!

Are we even in the academy right now?!

There were massive chandeliers made of precious stones and jewels hanging from the high ceiling, shimmering brilliantly as it shined over the massive dining hall.

Rows and rows of large, circular tables with impeccable, pure white table cloth laid over them and a beautiful bouquet of flowers in a vase as the centerpiece. And waiters and waitresses in suits and a maid outfit respectively going from table to table, serving the students that had taken their seats.

"Ufufufu~ What are you saying, Risa-sama~ Let's not dally any longer and take a seat so we can order our meal~"

"Eh? O-Order? A-Ah, sure..."

I-I thought we'd have to buy a ticket from a vending machine and stand in line for our food!

I-I know this is not the same world, but I seriously thought all cafeterias in schools are like that!

This isn't a cafeteria anymore! It's a restaurant!

Ah... I didn't expect to experience culture shock 15 years into this...

A cute waitress led us to a nice and quiet table away from the tables with other students.

We all took our seats, and this time, I'm sitting in between Noir and Illya. Then beside Noir were Evelyn, Celine, Valerie-chan, and finally Ellie who was sitting to Illya's right.

We were all given a menu and we began ordering stuff.

"Ellie, please don't hold back, okay? Since we invited you to eat with us, we'll treat you to whatever you wish~"

"E-Eh?! I-It's fine, L-Lorya-sama! I-I don't mind simply ordering the free meal set!"

She waved her hand frantically with a blushing face, trying her best to reject my offer. But her expression now just made me want to spoil her even more!

"That won't do, Ellie. It is our first day in the academy, so we should try everything we can to find out which would suit our taste! So don't hold back and order a lot, okay?"

"B-B-But..."

"Hehe~ Please just accept Alterisa-sama's kindness, Ellie-sama. Now that you have also become Alterisa-sama's friend, she will not back down on this."

"B-But still-!"

"Even if you keep rejecting her, she will simply order even more than you would've and give them to you."

"E-Eh?! I-Is that true?!"

Ellie's eyes widened in shock from Illya's words and turned to look at me.

Hehe~ Illya knows me so well~ I feel embarrassed~

I simply smiled at her and she began fidgeting in her seat.

"I-I-I understand. T-T-Thank you very much for your generosity, L-Lorya-sama."

"Mm~ Now go ahead and order whatever you like, okay? And don't hold back! If you order too little, I'll order for it for you~"

"Eh?! Uuuuuhhh... I-I understand..."

Hehe~ Seems like it's as I expected~ Since I'll be ordering the food for her if she ordered the free meal set, she planned on just ordering a few dishes, most likely the cheapest one.