TWENTY NINE

(CHAPTER 29 - RED HANDED)

🦢🗡

At the Sheriff's station, Elias, Emma and David were sat in Elias' office and Emma handed David a cup of tea.

"Thank you. I hope Kathryn's somewhere warm, not out in the cold," David said.

"David, I think you need to start worrying about yourself a little bit more here. Your wife is missing, you're in love with another woman. There's this," Elias picked up Kathryn's phone records from off his desk, "Unexplained phone call," Elias said as he looked at the records.

"I know, I know. I just...I can't explain why it says that. I didn't do anything to my wife," David said.

"My sister is pretty good at spotting a liar and, honestly, liars have better material. Now, go home," Elias said.

"I can go?" David asked.

"We don't even know if there was a crime yet. So, get some sleep," Elias said.

"Thank you," David said and stood up to leave.

"And, David?" he looked at Elias, "Maybe...get a lawyer," Elias said.

----------<3----------

At Granny's Diner, Ruby was talking to August and Athena, who were sat at one of the tables.

"You can't be serious. A whole year without a roof on your heads?" Ruby said.

"We got used to it," Athena said.

"Plus, I had the motorcycle. So, if we didn't like a place after a while..." August said.

"Ruby?" Granny called out.

"I've never even been out of Storybrooke. What was your favorite place?" Ruby asked.

"Nepal," Athena and August said in unison.

"They have the best people," Athena said.

"They also have these prayer temples carved into mountains that are overrun with lemurs," August said.

"Here we go with lemurs again," Athena said as she smiled.

"What's a lemur?" Ruby asked.

"Ruby!" Granny called out, louder.

"Just give me a sec!" Ruby said.

"They're little animals and they have these eyes that reflect light. So, at night it looks like they glow," August told her.

"Ruby! Stop flirting and get over here!" Granny called out from the counter, and Ruby walked over to her.

Nadia walked over to the couple, and refilled their waters, "Thank you," Athena said.

"No problem," Nadia said.

Flashback

A young man, Peter, knocked on the shutter of Red Riding Hood and Granny's cottage.

"Who's there?" Red Riding Hood said fro inside, imitating an older woman.

"Let me in," Peter said.

"I'm just a poor, old widow. Spare me!" Red Riding Hood said in the older woman's voice.

"Let me in, or I'll..." Peter said.

"Yes?" Red Riding Hood said.

"I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow the-," Peter began to say.

A Different Tale, d.s[1]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें