(9)Kidnapping

That day Guan Chen had gone to town in the early morning and Qiu Feng had stayed behind. Bored Qiu Feng had decided he also wanted to go to town, and perhaps wander a bit. Lately they had been stocking up on rice and wood, drying out meat that Guan Chen had caught and preparing for winter.

This slow paced life was very different from what Qiu Feng was used too, it almost felt like a long vacation. He had put on more meat and had finally filled out his face and body some more. Barely passing as a sick young man rather than a starved one.

As he walked down the trail he felt a odd gut feeling that something was wrong. Turning he swiftly left the path and made his way to the village down a different quicker trail. Though he lived nearby to the town nobody knew where the mansion was, and even if some did they had long left. He still wanted to be carful, he didn't want anybody finding this hidden abode. The town below wasn't very lively and not many people were left. Thankfully this made trading and getting fresh food easier and they were very lucky and didn't have it hard.

As he approached the town he saw several men on horseback riding into town, panicked Qiu Feng wanted to swear.

'They appeared so fast! Damn! That bastard just doesn't give up! What, it's already been around 5 weeks and he still hasn't given up?!'

He hesitated but in the end he even had the guts to steal and rescue Guan Chen from that mans mansion so the few guards couldn't really intimidate him.

Running to the town he swiftly and smoothly ran between the trees and bushes, he had plenty of practice PKing going and up this mountain while he and Guan Chen hunted and looked for food and herbs. After arriving in the drab town he hid slightly in the shadows listening to a conversation. After some initial chatter he didn't quiet understand one of the men brought up the horse riders.

"I saw them carrying missing posters, they seemed awful serious, i wonder who it was..."

As the conversation took another turn Qiu Feng stoped listening and began to walk away. Suddenly his gut clenched and he felt a swish behind him, but it was too late to avoid. His whole body tensed but he couldn't move, a hand was placed on his shoulder. Stiffly he turned to look and his bad promotion came true.

The two guards were standing behind him their faces like stone.

"What do you want?"

Qiu Feng paused then asked a bit gruffly. Righting his body he turned and faced the two guards head on.

"Have you seen this man around at all?"

On asked holding up a portrait of a fairly handsome man, and it was almost a complete copy of Guan Chen's face. He bit his lip and tried to calm down,

"No, i haven't."

He glared a bit a the two and moved to release the hand clutching his arm.

"Qiu Feng! Qiu Feng!"

A excited voice drifted over. As of late Guan Chen had relaxed a whole lot and a bit of the childish Qiu Feng had rubbed off on him. In this moment though Qiu Feng really wanted to shut him up. But as soon as Guan Chen found him and the two made eye contact the panic and fear in Qiu Fengs eyes froze Guan Chen.

Turning back around to face the two men he set his mouth in a grim line.

"I'm leaving, i have to meet with my companion."

He spun on his heel and made to quickly leave. Unfortunately the moment he turned his back he heard a gruff command to 'grab him' and one of the man grabbed both his shoulders and kicked his knees out from underneath. Collapsing harshly he looked up only to see Guan Chen's worried face approaching. Panicked Qiu Feng spoke without thinking,