Part 1, This night will be brighter than the sunniest day

Twilight slowly descended on the small Siberian town, hiding the last scarlet rays of the bright August sun. Despite the fact that bright green leaves still rustle on the birches, and the grass grew at an incredible pace for these regions, filling each small clearing with its juicy stems, but occasionally yellowed leaves slowly descended to the ground, foreshadowing the imminent arrival of autumn. With her onset and the line on September 1st, the ninth circle of hell will begin, that is, the ninth grade for our main character. At the beginning of the year, you will have to take the exams for the eighth grade, then have a bunch of tutors, study perfectly for good grades in the certificate, write and defend the project, take an oral interview, final essay and, in the end, her final exams. But Melissa didn't read any of the books on her school summer reading list, even their summary. However, today is only the tenth of August, which means she doesn't have to worry about all this. The hour was spent unnoticed, it got completely dark outside, and thousands of stars shone in the sky. The blue backlight in the girl's room prevented her from enjoying this picture to the fullest. It meant only one thing: it was time.. She went to her closet and opened it. She found black pants, a T-shirt, and a dark plaid shirt among the randomly lying things, after which she slammed the door shut with a bang. Quickly changing into black clothes, Lissa quickly walked towards the balcony, the exit to which was in the living room. And so, pushing the heavy window frame of the glazed balcony, the girl leaned out halfway there to measure the temperature on the street with her body. A light night breeze ruffled her hair, which she had not yet had time to comb and collect in a tight ponytail. Before her stretched the most amazing view that only a person can see with his own eyes from the ninth floor. Hundreds of lanterns, signboards, windows burning with light, stars and a slightly reddish incomplete moon illuminated the night Yurga. Just yesterday, she made a promise to herself not to sit on this swing anymore and to stop behaving so infantilely, but this beautiful night beckoned the girl into her arms, she called to her. Melissa would never have been able to resist such a temptation, so without thinking she turned around and headed to her room. The light, turned on almost throughout the apartment, hurt her eyes, but it was no longer important. Nothing mattered anymore. The girl went into her room, immediately feeling the condemning look of the posters on herself, but she was already used to ignoring their existence. Almost in total darkness in the blue glow, she found a roll of adhesive tape and cut off two small pieces of it with scissors. Having stuck them on her wrist, so that it was not visible under the sleeve of her shirt, the girl left the room. Once in the kitchen in this way, she drank tea and, putting her black backpack on her back, finally decided to leave the house. The keys jingled in Melissa's hand as she removed them from their place. Reacting to this sound, her mother briefly paused from watching some boring series to remind her daughter of a full trash can. (Again. Why now, why on this day, why can't it be taken out in the morning or afternoon? Why is it necessary to spoil the atmosphere? Why is it like this every night?) She immediately went to wash her hands. (Disgusting, disgusting, why now?) With the help of a napkin from the kitchen table, the girl still managed to overcome her disgust and take the bag in her left hand. Very soon there were sounds of a key turning in the lock and now, Melissa is already waiting for the elevator to arrive. It seems that this red light next to his button is the only thing that illuminates the corridor of a multi-storey building.

And now, again, Lissa is in complete silence, in this dirty elevator with a flashing light that emits softly and warmly, somewhere downstairs. The girl was standing straight with white headphones on her head, a phone in her right hand and a garbage bag in her left: the main thing is not to confuse them. Going down the stairs at the entrance, the girl felt something slippery and disgusting under her right foot. She didn't want to know what exactly it was and how it got there, so immediately she began to scrape her soles on the edges of the steps, on the curbs, on the asphalt while walking to the garbage heap. Today, it seems, absolutely everything wants to spoil her mood. And then, finally, she got rid of two kilograms of abomination in her left hand, and, having turned the corner, went to the lonely standing swing. Every night, around the same time, she would come and swing on them, listening to the music at full volume. And each time only stars and a married couple from the third floor of a neighbor's house watched her. They seemed to be specially waiting for her every time on their spacious white loggia to relax, chat, smoke, listening to our main character's music. The eternal problem of JBL owners: everyone can hear what is playing in your headphones, probably they just made speakers out of habit and simply stuck a plastic rim to them. It seemed that at one moment, the neighbors would come down to her asking if they could order a song. But Melissa didn't care much anymore - after she ran away from the police car a couple of times, it simply stopped being called, which means there was nothing to worry about. And so, she approaches the swing, throws the backpack on them by the strap so that the beam covers the badges, and begins to peel off the plaster from her wrist, sealing the nails sticking out of the seat. Although this swing was not perfect, it was still the best option available. And she hid the badges rather from personal complexes and constraints. How she would not like someone, having seen the symbolic on her backpack, to associate her with a stupid girl who swings at night, because she is afraid of condemnation from society. Carefully tossing the sole of her right shoe in the sand just in case, she turned on the first song and began to move. She felt like she was being watched, but as long as she does not hear their voices, she can be calm. After such thoughts, the diagnosis made by the doctor about her hearing was more reassuring than disturbing. She was already used to ignoring the gaze of the posters, and if she had learned to ignore such a handsome man as Alan Walker himself, then some random observers were no longer a serious problem for her. Gradually, Melissa begins to immerse herself in her thoughts, fantasies and imaginable worlds. It was for what she spent at least an hour every day here, and there could not be a more suitable place. Of the alternative options, it was only to walk around the apartment, periodically stopping to dance in front of a mirror in the kitchen, or go somewhere in an unknown direction. However, such long trips are fraught with the possibility of stumbling upon a traffic police post on one of the main highways or a lonely standing police car somewhere in the yards, and at home she would be watched not only by posters, but also by a mother dissatisfied with life. That is why this ridiculous activity was the most beneficial for a person with dreamer syndrome, or at least for our main character. Not many people while listening to music think about its author, but Lissa is now doing just that. Alan... his eyes, hands, neck, voice, hair, smile, music... She didn't notice how six tracks had already been played and realized that she wanted more tonight. The girl unlocked the screen of the phone, which she had been holding in her right hand all this time, pressing it to her chest, and her fingers themselves pressed on «Sing me to sleep».