Chapter 17 Part 1

Chapter 17

After school on Friday, my family and Grayson's family were going to have yet another family dinner, but this time, we were going to a fancy restaurant.

Mom expected me to dress up. I didn't really want to, but I was too tired to object. So, Mom grabbed a simple black dress out of my closet and handed it to me.

"First impressions are important," Mom told me.

I raised an eyebrow. "First impression? Mom, we've had dinner with them many times." Not to mention one of them is my boyfriend.

My family didn't exactly know about Grayson and I. I did tell Tony but made him promise to not tell Mom and Dad. Dad would just be worried because of what happened with Ben and Mom didn't really like Grayson.

"Yes, but Gary's daughter will be there since she's on spring break," Mom said before leaving my bedroom. I wanted to ask her what that had to do with anything, but I decided to just leave it and get changed. After I was changed into the dress, I went down the stairs where the rest of my family was. Mom looked at me and gave me a sigh. "What?" I asked.

"You could have at least fixed your hair," Mom pointed out before shaking head. "There's no time now. We have to get going."

We all got into Dad's car, with me sitting in the back with my arms crossed. My hair was just fine. It wasn't a mess at all.

"Chill, Poppy," Tony said quietly so Mom and Dad wouldn't hear our up coming conversation.

"I don't know why she's stressing out about all of this," I said with my voice just as quiet. "It will be the first time our families are having dinner with Grayson and I dating."

"Speaking of, when are you going to tell them?" Tony asked.

I shrugged. "Mom already doesn't like him. Grayson and I decided to tell them when the time is right."

We got to the restaurant our families were going to be eating at. Grayson's family were waiting by the door for us. Out of everyone, Grayson probably stood out the most. The rest were dressed up nicely, but Grayson had his everyday look on; jeans, t-shirt, and a leather jacket. And for some reason, he looked a bit angry.

A young woman was with them and I guessed she was Grayson's older sister. She looked a lot like him, but she had a smile on her face, unlike Grayson.

"Shall we go in now?" Gary asked my parents. Mom nodded and we went in.

The restaurant was very classy. Even though my dress was formal, I felt a bit underdressed.

While the adults waited for the table, I pulled Grayson aside. "Are you okay?" I asked. "You seem angry."

Grayson sighed. "My brother's just being stupid. Remember how I told you how he's going to try to get your parent's approval to date you? Well, I heard him talk to his friend and apparently, he's going to ask them tonight."

I scoffed. "So?"

"So my brother knows how to get parents to allow their daughter to date him," Grayson said. "Even if the girl doesn't want to, her parents make them and she later falls for him. It's kind of going to be a problem if my girlfriend has to go on a date with my brother."

"Then we'll tell them about us if my parents make me," I told him.

Grayson still didn't seem convinced, but he couldn't say anything because we were going to sit at our table. Grayson quietly told me to sit at the end and he sat on the other side of me so Graeme couldn't sit beside me at all. However, Graeme decided to sit across from me.