Chapter 56 - Connections

Start from the beginning

"Fascinating, your negative energy really is connected to your emotional state…" she mumbled.

I scratched the back of my head and took another breath. "Yeah, I'm a freak right?"

"Well, not necessarily. If we can get a good point with your mental state and you can control this, you can do a lot for people." She said, 

Aeserias face came into mind, and then the ghosts at the hospital. Right, I want to be better. I want to be a difference. 

"As I was saying! She's a monster who tortured me." My heart started to race and I grabbed my leg and squeezed it as tight as I could. Doing my best to keep me from panicking or snapping. "After my mom shot herself, my grandma blamed me, and locked me in a room. Even back then ghosts liked to follow me. And now that I'm more educated, cursed spirits too." I said and buried my nails into my leg. "So everyday, I'd go to school and get bullied, then I'd come home and get thrown into a room where anything came and haunted me. All day, all night."

There was this warm sensation of blood running down my leg now. I took a breath and loosened my grip. I saw Himitsu leaning forward and holding out a Onigiri towards me. 

"I'm sorry to hear that." She said,

I looked from her to the Onigiri, then I reached out. My arm was shaking, and she reached out more and pressed it into my palms. Then she wrapped my fingers  around it. After a little bit my arm stopped shaking and she sat back. I took a breath and sat back.

"It's whatever, but you get the picture right? She's the worst. And everytime she sees me in public. She has to remind the world that I'm a devil spawn."

She nodded. "Yeah I do."

"And the worst part, was that my own mother didn't hate her. The one who's supposed to always have my back, Boa abandoned me all the time. Left me in the room and laughed when I tried telling her I was being tortured. But to be fair, she was never over grandma's when she wasn't drunk or high."

"Did your mom say something to you about forgiving her?" She asked. 

I looked down and spun the rice triangle in my hand. Remembering her last few words to me.

"Yes, and no." I replied. "Grandma has a cursed spirit attached. I yelled at her when she wasn't happy about the news. She didn't ask me to do anything, but she did want me to learn to forgive and move on." I sighed. "If I had just listened to her that night. I wouldn't have hurt Casey, or ruined my relationship with my father. Who's already struggling enough as it is."

"I see, so that's where the regret is." She said softly. 

I took a bite of the Onigiri. In the center was sweet teriyaki salmon. Even though I felt like sleeping the rest of the day away. This definitely lifted me up a bit. She was really trying to connect right now. 

"Yeah, and the rest is history. A cursed spirit latched onto my hate, and I connected to a soul that was being bullied by The Horn. It was like, all the years of bullying flashed in my head, the voices were back stronger then before and I just lashed out. I wanted everyone to hear how much I've been screaming everyday of my life. I wanted The Horn that likes bullying people to feel their Karma. Because I know none of my bullies paid, so I thought I'd just make them take all their places."

Himitsus nodded. "Thank you for sharing, and to show I'm grateful. I'll share my own story."

"You don't-"

"I want to." She said quickly. "When I was born, I had it better than most of our siblings. I had a loving mother who handled the post partum depression well. However, that didn't help us financially. Being a single mother here is different then in America. It was hard for her to make ends meet, and to date. Not to mention I was born defective. My left arm is gone, but also." She tapped under her eye. "My left eye is also fake. I've got some work done magically so it's better, but I didn't get that for years."