Chapter 15

Chapter 15

An: From here on, Vena is Mew's so-called mother, Milton is his father.

***

Gulf wake up from the sun rays hitting his face, they forgot to put down the curtains of the terrace last night.

He rubbed his eyes and recalled what Mew had told him at dawn.
This he looks at Aevin, who's still sleeping like a baby, hugging the panda stuffed toy.

Gulf looked at his son like he is some kind of unique treasure, of course... For him, Aevin can be compared to any priceless gems.

Later on, seeing the sun already rose high, Gulf decided to wake him up.

"Baby, wake up... We need to go to school so I can enrol you up."

Hearing the word school, Aevin abruptly jolt, sitting up.

"I'm awake! Mama... Good morning," He kissed Gulf on the cheek, and he looked at his other side, "Pap-— Where's Papa?!" he looked around and nothing.

"He go earlier to get his parents from the airport. He told me to tell you about it. Come, let's wash up and have some breakfast."

Aevin looked down and discouraged. He thought before he slept last night that he could see his Papa the moment he opened his eyes, but he's not here anymore.

"Don't feel bad, baby. Papa will come back soon, let's go... We need to leave early." Gulf coaxed him until Aevin looked at him.

"I'm alright, Mama. I woke up without him in each morning for 5 years."

These words from his son cause Gulf's heart to constrict painfully.
He reached out to hug his son, "I'm sorry."

Gulf did not regret what he did but heard his son, the main victim of what had been done, making him feel the guilt of that past.

"Mama, I'm alright. Let's go. I'm kinda hungry." Aevin tapped his Mama's back to calm him down.

Gulf looked at the child he conceived in his belly, now fully grown-up and understanding. He wanted to cry again.

He realized that he had been guarding up his emotions eversince he remembered, and now, it all poured out.

He's getting emotional all the time.

In the end, Aevin coaxed his Mama and the two freshen up to eat breakfast.

***

While on the way to the airport, Mew received his mother's call.

"Yes, mom? You just landed, right?" Mew heard from the other line the frantic voices of the passengers and flight attendants.

"Yes, we're walking now to the exit."

"Okay, I'm coming in a bit." Mew did not get to see his father for a year now because he's frequently staying in Thailand, he handled some of their business there, while his mother traveled back and forth between UK And Asia to assist him in their businesses.

"Yes, and please come with us when we visit the Davidsons."

"Alright." Mew agreed. It has been bugging him why his mother has this obsession of them being merged with the Davidsons.

At first, he thought that it was because they were family friends.
But Mew felt that there should be a heavy reason behind his mother's persuasive efforts for him to be married to an heir of the Davidsons.

"Max, how's the investigation?"

"Agent Kirigun is working hard on it. He promised to solve it before he went to Afghanistan." Max said, pertaining to the PI who helped them and Gulf to investigate his parents' accident.

"That's good enough. Agent Kirigun is famous in his field."

They entered the airport after Max parked the car near the exit.

Mew took a step forward when he saw his father's pale and sickly appearance.

"Dad is sick?" He hugged his father first, looking at his face, Mew touch his forehead.

"Recently, I'm not feeling really well, so I came here to the US to have a good look on my health." Mr. Milton Johannesburg said.

"Alright, we still have jetlag. Where's your car?" Mrs. Vena Johannesburg said as she handed her luggage to Mew.

Mew accepted the trolley while he pulled his father as well.

"No bodyguards with you?" he looked around and found nothing.

"We did not take anyone. My visit here is quite confidential because of my health. Your uncle has been bugging me about the inheritance." Milton said as he coughed softly.

Vena secretly glared at him, 'This old man!'

Mew knows about the conflict of his father with his half sibling in Thailand.

They settled on the car after Max helped them on their luggage and drove them to their mansion.

"You should rest for today then later we will get an appointment for the best doctor here for Dad." Mew said as he instructed the househelps to prepare healthy breakfast for them.

Vena wanted to oppose, "But son, how about our visit to the Davidsons?"

Mew looked at her with a dumbfounded reaction. Clearly, his father was sick, yet his mother wasn't putting any heed about it.

"We will go there tomorrow, I'll call Gulf Davidson to ask for an appointment."

"Appointment? It is not needed anymore! We are family friends." Vena said, completely ignoring Mew's gazes.

"Gulf Davidson is a busy person. He has a lot on his plate right now. So no matter who it is, even a family member should ask for an appointment."

Besides, Gulf is also taking care of their cute son. Upon remembering them, Mew wanted to see them as soon as possible. He already missed his two treasures.

"Alright then." Vena, give up. I Thinking that she had a problem now about her "husband" going to the hospital for a check-up. She needed to call someone!

No matter what, the result of Milton Johannesburg must not be shown to anyone, especially to Mew!