C H A P T E R 8

Avyanna P.O.V

Reaching the end of the staircase with my phone and AirPods in hand and I run my eyes around. It is silent in the house, aside from the work, being done by the helpers in the house.

I walk down a hallway to the right and see a bodyguard standing straight. I walked closer to him, and he bowed his head down in respect.

"Hi, Good Morning. Can you please tell me the way to the gym in the house?" I ask with a small smile on my face; he looks back up while gesturing towards another hallway and directed, "Good Morning Miss, De Luca taking that hallway, you will find the glass double doors of the gym."

I nodded and glanced down at his name tag, reading Rune. "Address me with Miss Avyanna, Mr.Rune, if you must."

He nodded, and I walked away following his directions, reaching the gym and being greeted by various gym equipment in large amounts upon entering.

There are around 20 treadmills, 15 exercise bikes, 15 cross trainers, and much more equipment that I wasn't interested in knowing the name of.

After connecting the speakers with my phone, I started my workout routine, actively avoiding the punching bags section.

But alas, how much can I avoid my favourite segment of exercise? Near, an hour of working out, and my eyes continuously glancing toward the section, I made my way to one punching bag and lightly punched it.

It moved a little bit, and that movement made me throw a punch, again with a little bit of force, and then again, before I knew it, I went full crazy on it.

See that? They obviously favor your other siblings. Why try so hard, huh, when they don't even care for you?

Poor child.

Go away Avyanna and annoy someone else, don't you see mommy is busy with Char?

I think Avyanna is the perfect fit for the academy. I can't let go of my baby Char for that long, you know that, Richard.

I take a right, swing, and the punching bag's hook snaps, and it falls to the ground as I take deep breaths to calm my racing heart.

Not from the workout session, nope, but from the thoughts that were circling in my mind that I didn't even notice that the punching bag was on the verge of breaking.

I lightly shake my head to move my bangs which are covered in sweat.

I walk towards the bench, sit on it, and drink water while using a fresh towel to wipe my sweat. As I wipe beads of sweat from my forehead, I halt as my eyes notice my knuckles, lowering my hand and I look at my knuckles which are red and lightly scratched from not wearing the bandage or not using the gloves.

I sigh and make my way out of the gym after switching off the power. I hum to a song as I pass the spot where Rune was positioned but now stands another guy.

I stop abruptly at the entrance of the kitchen as I notice three other people sitting around the table, discussing something.

Abort-Abort-Abort. Too early for human interaction.

Before I could back out and avoid human interaction this early with people I didn't even want to associate myself with, a female voice greeted me.

"Good Morning, Avy."

All three men's heads snapped toward me as I entered the area correctly and smiled at Natalialite, the one who greeted me. She walked towards me with a glass jar, and my eyes widened.