"It's about those spooky MONSTERS!" he'd hold onto you, making you scream a bit before laughing along with him. Your mother laughed as well, it all amused her very much. 

"Hahaha! but.. hehe... you both ain't making any sense!" you'd finally gasped some air after your father had given you a strong grip on your waist, "What monsters?" 

"Well," you're mother finally said, "that was what I was going to say before your father interrupted my story. But yes, the poem was found near Mount Ebott, where the legend of the monsters originated."

"Wher a BUNCH of monsters was told be underground and trapped by the 'magic of the POWERFUL HUMANS!' " once again, your father joked around, still earning a smile from the rest of the family members. You'd remember your father being ever so not serious about certain things, your mother on the contrary was always stern and quiet as a mouse, yet had her soft sides. 

"Hush now! And stop interrupting my story!-"

"Awww, don't give me misses pouty face now!" he'd walked next to his wife, hugging her. "Besides, you know I'm just joking around! Those monsters don't even exist in the first place! Like, how would we know with certainty that it wasn't some creepy old man trying to be made about the economy and such? Besides, that legend is supposed to be CENTURIES in the past! The war between humans and monsters, we all know the story. It would be weird if people just erased every trace of the story among the creatures in there after a victory. And- and-"

"Oh, leave us some imagination Dad!" You'd called out, interrupting him, "I and Mommy do believe the legend, right Mom?"

"I would so as well," she'd responded with a smile, "one of the biggest proof is the disappearance of so many children over the past years, there isn't quite proof of where their bodies have gone but... I do wish to believe in the 'underground world' "

"Well, that world stays as that world for each other's views alright?" Your father called out, walking over and back towards the kitchen, "let's stay in our world, alright? And our world is saying that dinner's ready!"

"OH! are we going to have (favourite food?)" you'd called excitedly.

"You bet your hungry stomachs that it is!" He'd responded with a smile, "Come on now, it's getting cold!"

You'd giggled, about to hurry over towards the kitchen before your mother stopped you, she'd knelt towards your level and kept that familiar smile, as always. "Before you go, there's a reason why I read you such a poem.."

She'd then, taken out a book that was early on in her hands. It was old, very old actually, with a few pieces of the brown cover breaking down and what told you off the most was the unnoticeable dust covered inside and out. You'd grabbed onto the cook, held it on your chest, and looked back at your mother with curiosity.

"This book was an inspiration to me back when I was your age, when I took it home from the library, I thought to myself that one day I would prove to the world that whoever wrote this was real. That somewhere down there, there was the hope of the stories written inside the ink. I want you to take it, and take care of it. Because one day, you'll do great things with it. I know so"

You'd smiled at your mother, walking towards her and up for a hug. After a few minutes, you two broke it apart and walked forwards to the kitchen table.

"Now, let's go before your father goes all in with the unnecessary sauces/spices/salts/sugars." She'd laughed along with you. Both take a space at the table and eat as a full happy family. Ever since that day, as far as you'd know. You'd never let go of the book, always keeping it near you by any cause and for some reason, you'd never stopped reading it.