"but daddy.." aurie full of disappointment.

"I am sorry little miss" the driver says, now he understood why his employer didn't want to say goodbye to the child in person.

even the driver wouldn't want to leave after seeing the distraught child.

aurie returns to daddy's bedroom carrying herself depressingly, shoulders slouched, and she drags onto her blanket as if it weigh 30 pounds,

she lets out a muffled scream through his pillow, till she felt like her throat was raw from all the crying and screaming.

the little girl didn't have any tears coming, so she ended up sniffing, and remains just sad laying in the bed.

rue hears that the crying has dialed down, that she could knock at the door, and when there was no response, she slowly creaks the door open.

"hi hun. are you hungry for lunch?" the child had been crying for hours and missed breakfast, and rue was hoping the child wouldn't be too sad to eat, wrong.
the child didn't budge, it was as if all life was void from her.

"I want daddy.." aurie keeps mumbling, crying had made her too tired, that she ends up falling asleep repeating the same sentence.

rue suddenly had an idea, she'd call chase wallace. maybe he could comfort the child.

after all, chase is her father's best friend.

rue goes out the bedroom, and looks through amaury's office for contact numbers.

finally,  she was able to find chase's contact, she nervously hits the call button.

it rings for a few seconds, before it clicks,

"yes? hello, chase wallace speaking" the other line says,

"hi! mr. wallace, I'm the nanny to Amaury Clermont's daughter, and last night her father left for the states. I'd appreciate if you could come visit the child" rue says.

"ah. yes, I'll be there, in a few minutes" chase wallace hangs up the phone, he knew his best friend was taking on a apprenticeship with dr.göçmen, he didn't expect he'd leave his daughter behind.

when chase arrives, he had been a vip list for the clermont estate, so getting into the estate was easy, the security opened the gate.

"where's the child?" chase asks, the nanny who still had her hair up in a messy bun, "she's still stuck in her dad's room. Didn't have breakfast or lunch. she's sleeping now" rue explains the situation.

"thank you" chase says sincerely, "eh? for what sir"

"for letting me help" chase responds.

rue didn't realize her life would be surrounded by beautiful people.

rue offers coffee to chase, which he accepts, "will he really be gone for a year? not even for holiday breaks?" rue begins to ask, chase puts down his mug on the coffee table, before responding "this is something amaury has dreamt of since he's been 7, and for his idol to want him to work with, it's an offer he couldn't refuse, and holidays don't mix with surgery." chase hopes that the nanny could understand, she was younger than him by 3 years, and he felt sympathy for her, having to be left with a 5 year old child.

"that's incredible, I'm happy for him truly. it's just really unfair to his daughter. i mean look at her, she's like a depressed 5 year old. she isn't even a teenager." the nanny expresses her concern for aurie's mental health.

"I get that, but knowing amaury, he probably wants what is best for her, he wants to provide everything for her. So this job is going to roll in the money" chase continues,

rue just didn't understand, everything amaury owns now is perfect, it's luxury enough, she was sure that his daughter wouldn't care if she didn't own high end brands, as long as she had her daddy.

"I see. i mean, we want what is best for our future generation" rue says keeping her opinion to herself, "im willing to stay around to help out. after all the child is a niece to me" chase says taking sips of the coffee.

"I'd love that. thank you." rue was grateful, she knows she can handle aurie herself, but with her father being gone, she didn't know how she'd manage.

aurie begins to wake up from her slumber, and feels her stomach grumble, she tiredly walks out her dad's room, using the elevator to go down to the main floor.

she sees her nanny, and uncle chase sitting at the dinging room, "uncle? rue?" she says sleepy. "hi little one" chase says, aurie runs up to chase hugging him, he was closest thing to her father.

published: 10.29.22

vote

comment

follow
🫶