4 | The Alley of Opportunity (2/2)

Start from the beginning

"Erm- good morning, I'm here to take some money out of a vault?"

Okay, how about the next sentence we speak isn't in a shaky pathetic voice?

The goblin looked up, "And you're going to tell me who's vault that is, sir?"

"O-oh right- the Hanako vault, please."

An attempt was made.

"You have the key, sir?"

Shiyo blinked at being called 'sir' and replied with yes, taking the small, golden key out and handing it to the goblin. The goblin examined it, looking at it closely.

"Everything seems to be in order. And what might be in that trunk of yours?"

"Thank you- and uh, it's just.. personal items."

"Hand it here, you might damage objects inside of it on the way down to the vault."

Shiyo hesitantly handed the trunk to the goblin, feeling a bit uneasy but remembered this was a secure place, and thanked him. The goblin gave him back his key, which he again thanked him for and stowed away safely in his pocket.

"Alright, I'll have someone take you down to your vault. Clutchclaw!"

Shiyo masked his surprise at such a bizarre name, he supposed not everyone could be named 'Matt' or 'Fred', especially when it's in the wizarding world and a goblin. Perhaps it was culture. He did admit clutchclaw sounded pretty cool.

Shiyo followed Clutchclaw towards one of the doors leading off the hall. He held open the door, expecting perhaps an elevator or stair case- not a stone passageway lit with flaming torches. It reminded him of coal mines.

Clutchclaw whistled and a small cart came hurtling up the railway tracks. The both of them climbed in- and were immediately hurtled through a maze of twisting passages in every direction. He noticed Clutchclaw wasn't steering, he supposed it was magic.

Due to the cold air rushing past them Shiyo squinted, trying to keep his eyes open, but failed and ended up closed them shut. They plunged deeper for a while and came to a halt. Shiyo opened his eyes and rubbed them, then got out of the cart following Clutchclaw.

They were beside a medium sized door in the passage wall, Clutchclaw unlocked it. Shiyo had to fight back a gasp- in the vault there were mounds upon mounds of gold and silver coins, and some heaps of bronze ones too.

"Gold ones are galleons, silver ones are sickles and bronze ones are knuts."

"Oh- alright, thank you-"

Shiyo stepped inside, then realized he didn't have the pouch. He looked back at Clutchclaw.

"Um- excuse me please, I was told I would get a uh-"

"Ah yes, the enchanted pouch. Here you are."

Clutchclaw cut Shiyo off and handed him the pouch. It was a small brown leather pouch, but Shiyo supposed it was enchanted to hold a lot of coins. Shiyo thanked him and started picking up galleons, as quick as he could. He'd pick up the galleons in tens so that he'd move quickly. Clutchclaw spoke, making Shiyo jump slightly, almost making him drop the few sickles he was holding.