2 | Another Chance at Life

"Was I raised without love? Or born unlovable?"

———

. . .what?

. . .

This had to be some form of cruel joke, right?

He had questions, questions without answers. His pale hands trembled more, holding the letter shakily. He blinked again, his vision was a bit blurry but he could read this.

𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐎𝐅
𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐅𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐑𝐘

𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗺𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿: 𝗔𝗹𝗯𝘂𝘀 𝗗𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗹𝗲𝗱𝗼𝗿𝗲
(𝗢𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗠𝗲𝗿𝗹𝗶𝗻, 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗰𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀, 𝗚𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗰., 𝗖𝗵𝗳. 𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸, 𝗦𝘂𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲 𝗠𝘂𝗴𝘄𝘂𝗺𝗽, 𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗲𝗱. 𝗼𝗳 𝗪𝗶𝘇𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀)

𝗗𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗠𝗿 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝗮𝗸𝗼,
𝗪𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝘁 𝗛𝗼𝗴𝘄𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝗦𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗰𝗿𝗮𝗳𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗪𝗶𝘇𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗿𝘆. 𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗻𝗲𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗽𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁. 𝗧𝗲𝗿𝗺 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝟭 𝗦𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿. 𝗪𝗲 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗼𝘄𝗹 𝗯𝘆 𝗻𝗼 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝟯𝟭 𝗝𝘂𝗹𝘆.

𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗹𝘆,

𝓜𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓻𝓿𝓪 𝓜𝓬𝓖𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓵𝓵
𝗗𝗲𝗽𝘂𝘁𝘆 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀

. . .maybe he shouldn't have read this.

Order of Merlin. . . Supreme Mugwump. . .what?

The confusion only grew.

'Await your owl' Did they truly believe he was going to find an owl, give it a letter and send it to them?

This had to be some sick joke.

But yet. . .

He wanted to believe otherwise. That shard of hope dug deep into his heart, deep into his soul.

But how could he know if it was real? Everything about it seemed fake. Yet it seemed so real. Was that possible?

The next half hour after midnight was spent rereading the letter.

———

He came to a conclusion.

He had to tell his mother about this.

His step father was out of the question. Not even near the scenario. His mother was easier to talk to if she was just a bit sober.