Fake, Genuine Love

Vampire!DaenerysTargaryen x hunter!reader

Summary : How would a love based on lies end when the truth unraveled?

Words : ±2.3k

Warnings : death, violence, blood

A/N : I had so much fun writing this lmao look at me posting more than once in a month?? Crazy. [requested by anon]

∵※∵

It was most catastrophic, this whole thing. Your hand itched to reach for the gun strapped into the hostler on your thigh underneath your cloak, yet the weight of it felt more heavy than comforting like it used to be. You had planned out various methods on how to take her out; clean, quick, or slow and agonizing. Yet when you stood with her, your eyes couldn't stray away from her captivating ones, your heart would dance with her laugh, your lips pulling at the corners as she joked around. Maybe this mission was a mistake - you weren't built like the others, that much you knew. You had too much of a heart, they said, it was going to be the end of you. You hadn't believed them then, but it seemed to be coming true right in front of your eyes.

Daenerys Targaryen was every definition of beauty, and you were convinced everyone on earth would fall right beneath her feet; even your fellow hunters. If they knew how magnificent of a creature she was, no one would've vouched for you to carry out the mission. In the end, they would either be very proud, or extremely disappointed - in other words, they'd be elated to take your life when you fail. Yes, when, because there was no possible way of this going how it was meant to be, not when you would do anything to protect the very soul you were tasked to assassinate.

Having lived alone for centuries, Daenerys was no stranger to betrayal; she'd had multiple acquaintances, friends, even lovers, yet none had stayed after knowing her true nature, and some even took advantage of it for their own gain. She was the last of her family, the well known Targaryen. Though she couldn't say they left a sweet impression - the silver-haired girl had to go into hiding after her father demolished half the vampire population, along with almost all of the hunters. One wouldn't be able to decide if it was a victory or a loss; both, she called it. A loss for her, as she couldn't list off anything she could benefit from the war.

Being betrayed was nothing new, and Daenerys had even became so accustomed to the notion that it no longer surprised her. This, though, she had never expected, especially coming from you. It had been months since she last saw you, despite having lived together for years, it was not unusual for you to leave for some time - business, you'd told her - foolishly, she'd never questioned it. She had known, in some ways; a feeling in the pit of her stomach, the urge to run away from you because everything was too good to be true. And it was, turned out; and she should've known better than to clasp your hand in hers happily, letting herself fall into the deception of love.

Now, you stood in front of her, a knife pressed on her throat, your gaze hard and vile as it showed nothing but hatred and.. regret? Maybe it was her heart playing tricks on her, but she dared not to wish, not when the love of her life was a supposed vampire hunter. Daenerys was not weak by any means, and it was almost instinct when her body reacted before her brain could comprehend the situation unfolding.

In less than a second, her hand was wrapped around your neck, cutting off your airways and sharp nails digging into your skin so hard they drew blood. She was a vampire so powerful that everyone thought she was but a myth, yet you were never scared of her, despite knowing the lengths of her abilities. But standing here, fully expecting her to end your life, a fear so terrific ran through your body as you stared into her eyes, flashing red, undoubtedly at the sight of the crimson liquid running down your skin.