Chapter 2 - Doorstep delivery

Hogwarts, oct 31,1981.

Albus POV:

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore was carefully moving his pawn for a long time with a single goal. Gain of control over the wizarding world. But he has so many biggest obstacles in his way, in magical Britain one of them is Potters family.  Potter family is filthy rich, powerful and influential in political and martial aspects. As they have their own personal standing army. No one knows any kind of inner- information about this army, all they know is they exist. And they fights with the lord and allies throughout centuries in different matters were a strong army is needed.  People have witnessed the might of this army most recently was when Gellert Grindelwald was reign of terror. "The potter army" as they generally call them has pushed back Gellert's allies so much that their victory was sure. That was when albus comes into the picture.   Gellert Grindelwald was mortally wounded after a run in with charlus and "potter army", using the opportunity he snooped in and defeated him.People don't know this ofcourse.

Albus Dumbledore became so famous, he was sure he can mould the wizarding world into his way of thinking with the influence. Then he can conquer muggle world too. Albus had advised his lover Gellert a lot of time that reigning in terror is not an ideal choice. But Gellert thought otherwise. When he saw Gellert's defeat is near he know he can emerge as their savior and expand his sphere of influence. And that was he did, but he missed to see the biggest obstacles in the way, presents of families like Potters, Blacks, Bones etc present in wizarding Britain. Potters and Blacks were just allies for centuries. They didn't had any blood ties. just economical,political and sometimes military assistance(in time of dire need) kind of relation. But it was Charlus and Dorea marriage that sealed the deal. Wizarding Britain is generally a backward semi-feudal place. So, he kind of completely forgot about the other big fishes in the international wizarding world. Why they don't interfere in Gellert's case directly is a mastery to him. (Note: Use of Elder wand/Death Stick made them a little bit back foot.)

His was offered positions like minister of magic, Supreme Mugwump of ICW etc. But he know if he can influence the younger minds he can win his quest for power more smoothly. That's why he stayed didn't take position of minister and stayed in hogwarts to influencing heirs of powerful house in the way of thinking he want. he made sure to control the knowledge of powerful spells and rituals. Yet some of heirs still remain slippery. their families continue to make sure that in didn't influence them by giving them private tutoring and personal trainings.

Over time the influence he has gained began to decreased, yet he still manages to keep his positions. Thanks to his careful manipulation and making sure right people feel indebted to him. in case of hogwarts though, he manages to climb the ladder to headmaster. Then he meets young Tom Riddle. His special talent made him think, what if there is another dark lord. what if he began is more terrifying than the last one, he can defeat him and people will look up to him again. 

All he done was implant some ideas into young tom's already fearful and anger filled mind. Coupled with the treatment he got from the muggle orphanage he grew up, the fear began to turn into loathing for anything gradually. But what he doesn't expect is Tom to be so much powerful and gain powerful allies. For him to turn into a monster he cannot control. He started to feared he can't end the monster he created, and the recent spotlight he took advantage of will end too. Tom became something he can't control with power and knowledge he acquired and his fear comes true.

But he was able to hold him in a stand still ate few occasion and him fleeing the scene. Which lead people believing voldemort fear him and that's why he flee from there. Like always he began to stubley  encourage people, like when some began to tell always he is second coming of merlin in his youth due to him attaining magical maturing at a young age normal than others. So, he was sure if he can get right moment and voldemort don't flee he will defeat him. And he will become defeater of dark lord again. People were looking up to him as their savior, their only hope and he made sure to maintained such impression before the public too.