48 ~ The Fear of Blood

Start from the beginning

I froze as the visuals of that day blurred my mind and the reality was fading away. My eyes swelled up with tears and once again I could feel my body shivering I move my hands on my arms absentmindedly removing the blood. 

"Ruhani,"

Someone called around me.

But, no one was there. Only the forest, the bright sunny day. The roaring of tigers and the screams of his father. The tall tigers walked around his half-dead body and he was still trying to fight back.

"Ruhani, what happened?"

He shook and I came to reality seeing his eyes.

My throat had turned dry and I looked at my hands. There was no blood and I looked around. It was no forest, there were no tigers. It was him, the Sultan and this was our chamber.

"Are you okay?"

He asked again and I looked at him. The tears fall from my eyes and he immediately collected me in his arms.

"Calm down, what happened?"

He asked patting my back I inhaled a deep breath realizing I went into trauma again.

I closed my eyes remembering the embrace of my father, his protective arms, around me, and his words to make me feel better.

It took me a few good moments to come out of it and I finally opened my eyes releasing the hug.

"Are you okay?" 

He asked cupping my cheeks and tucking my hair behind the ears. Making me look into his eyes he asked.

"You are scared of blood?"

I nodded.

He sighed and kissed my forehead.

"It is okay. We all are scared of something,"

I closed my eyes and tried to calm down my racing heartbeats. I remembered my father's smile and his words to come out of the thoughts.

"Are you okay, Meharban?"

He asked touching our forehead together, pulling me back into reality, reminding me of his love, our moments, his touch, the warmness of breath and I nodded.

He held my hands and commented.

"Your palms are cold,"

Bringing them closer to his mouth, he captivated them with his own huge palms and kissed them.

"I will listen whenever you want to talk about that. With no judgments involved,"

I gulped and brought my hands back from his hand.

It was something I never wanted to talk to him about. I had no courage, no strength, and no words to put those incidents into words for anyone. Imagining it only makes me go back to that moment and even my father and family never tried to ask me about it.

I locked that memory somewhere in the deepest that I myself did not know how to reach.

"Begum,"

I blinked at Shaheen's voice calling me. I looked at Sultan and he nodded signaling me to go.

I stood up from the couch and walked with her. She with signals asked me to walk to the garden and I without questions followed.

We stepped down the entrance of the chamber's gallery and looked at the Royal Garden. 

"Begum, the old lady is not found anywhere. I tried my best but suspiciously everyone answered the same that they have not seen any such lady. And, all their faces were like horrified and they did not even want to talk to me,"