CHAPTER SIX

Flame shuffled leaves in his paws. He tried passing the time, bored out of his mind.

"Pfft!" Laughed Wave. "Of course, I can fight!"

"You sure, Wavey?" Said Spark.

"'Course I am, Sparky!"

"Don't call me that!" Said Spark.

"But you called me Wavey, Spark!"

They were laughing and chatting and playing around. They were friends, good friends, too. Wave was thinking of hunting, because the prey pile is a little low.

"I'll go hunting, Sparky! I'll bring back some food. The prey pile's a little bit low."

"Alright! See you then, love!" Spark barked happily. She smiled at him as he left, as he went up the passageway to the camp clearing.

Wave was out. She couldn't really smell any food. That's weird! She thought. She kept tasting the air for a single rabbit, a hare, even a rat. Nothing. Nothing. He felt as if she was blind to smells. She kept taking a fresh whiff of air. Nothing! She was silent as a mouse. She had little hope for food, but maybe she would be lucky to find a plump, juicy rabbit. Or a delicious hare. Anything, she thought. Snap! A branch fractured from her walking. But then something wrinkled her nose; an odd smell, weird one. He was immediately suspicious of it. "Who's there?" she called. She took a few steps closer... closer. Something didn't feel right right now. She had a chill on his spine. She just kept going. She felt as if he was walking into a rat trap. She saw a pair of eyes, leafy green. She took a few steps towards the pair of eyes. No... I don't trust it... She mused grimly. Just... stop. Stop walking. She planted his feet in place.

The pair of eyes quickly went closer and formed into a wolf. "Not this time!" Wave growled. "You won't hurt anyone anymore;  you should've been gone for good the moment you were dead! Just leave us alone!"

Before Ash could even speak, Wave lunged at Ash, pinning him down like a bear mat.  Ash tried to wound Wave's leg, but Wave lifted it up. Then, she bit Ash's torso, it bleeding like a gash, and then used his claw to make a line down Ash's belly. Ash tried to escape being pinned, but to no avail. Wave dragged Ash's wounded structure, and threw him into the river.

"YOU! I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN ONE DAY! I WILL BANISH YOU TO DEATH, NEVER TO BE SEEN AG—"

Ash writhed through the water, trying desperately to get out. The current of the body of water carried him down, as he was slowly drowning. Wave smirked, and cleaned the scarlet blood off of his paws with water. He then decided to actually hunt.

She tasted the air again. He could scent the smell of rabbit wafting through his nose. She was quiet again. She could see a rabbit scurrying through the green, green grass, bolting into the ferns. Wave chased the rabbit, and then caught it with her mouth.

***

She was back at camp. Spark looked clearly a little frustrated. "What took you so long?!"

"It was really hard to catch this rabbit," he lied. "Took me forever, but I got the catch."

She added it to the prey pile, and as he left to go take a nap, he felt accomplished. She thought joyfully to himself, I killed the evilest wolf in the forest! She thought. She felt good, happy, glad, all the words to describe a happy feeling. Ands he went to nap that afternoon, she rested content.