"If I may interrupt, Commodore," one Marine said politely. Brannew nodded at him. "What of the strange gossip regarding Pirate Hunter Zoro's alleged clash with the Royal Warlord, Dracule Mihawk?" More mutterings broke out among the Marines in the room. Brannew grimaced.

"These rumors were no doubt brought on by Mihawk's spontaneous appearance in the weakest of the eight seas. It is not surprising that gossip of this nature would start. Roronoa Zoro is the most famed swordsman in East Blue, after all," Brannew speculated. "Nevertheless, we will not humor such nonsense." He looked down at the posters in his hand. "Still, the ease with which they defeated these threats, and the threat that they themselves pose, cannot go unnoticed. It is for these reasons that we have placed record-setting bounties on their heads," he finished.

The Straw Hats continued to stare at the two wanted posters. Zoro walked up and whistled at the sight.

"Straw Hat Luffy, bounty 45 million Belly," Usopp whispered.

"Demon Wind Zoro, bounty 28 million Belly," Nami added in dismay.

Luffy laughed happily. "45 million! How about that?"

"28 million," Zoro repeated. "I must say I'm a little disappointed," he said with a smile that suggested he was not at all disappointed. I wonder what caused the change in title...oh, well, I never called myself a pirate hunter anyway.

"As usual, you fail to understand the gravity of the situation," Nami said with her head in her hand. "With this, Marines and bounty hunters will be actively seeking us out."

Luffy stopped laughing. "Yeah, you're right. Really weak Marines and bounty hunters," he said with a pout.

Zoro frowned. "Didn't think of that. Now a bunch of nobodies will be coming after us. What an insult."

"You're missing the point!" Nami shouted in frustration. Then she sighed. "I don't think we'll be able to lounge around in East Blue any longer."

"Well, that works out perfectly. Because I was planning on heading to the Grand Line after one last stop," Luffy said with a grin. Nami, Usopp, and Sanji looked at him curiously.

"One last stop? Where did you want to go?" Nami asked.

Luffy pointed to the horizon. "It's that island right there," he stated. They all looked to where he was pointing in surprise.

"That's..." Nami trailed off. "There's a place on that island called Loguetown."

"The town of the beginning and the end," Luffy recited from memory. Nami nodded.

"You've heard of it?"

"Yeah," he said. From you, he added mentally. He grinned again. "The town where the Pirate King, Gold Roger, was born and died. Where the Great Pirate Era began."

When they arrived on the coast, each of them took in the sights with varied reactions. "Well, I'm gonna go find the execution platform."

"Looks like I can find some fine ingredients here," Sanji said. And some fine women, too.

"I'm gonna look for some equipment to buy," Usopp added.

"OK, don't get ripped off," Luffy said mockingly before taking off without any idea where he was going.

"I'd like to buy some swords, actually," Zoro said aloud.

"Oh, and how will that work, Zoro? You don't have any money, after all," she said smugly. "You know, I can loan you some...at 300% interest."

Zoro just shot her his own smug grin. "No, I think I'll be fine. Thanks, though." Nami frowned as he walked away. Shopping without any money? What a weirdo...