E

She left me alone today. She went out for groceries. She wanted to make me a special meal.

I, again, tried to escape. But there was something I didn't know. She put traps around the house. They were harmless. Although I got caught and I had to wait there, my feet in the ground, until she came back.

She was a little disappointed that I tried to escape again. "Oh, Heejin... You never learn, do you?" She said in a low voice.

"I bought pasta and sauce. Your favorite food! I'll go prepare it."

"How does she know that pasta is my favourite food?" I thought to myself, but then I remembered: "She is my stalker. Of course she knows almost everything about me."

You know... Being stuck all day in one place isn't that fun. Since I like going out a lot, being held in one place is basically torture.

After 30 minutes, she came back with two plates of pasta and sauce.

"I'll have to feed you, since I don't trust you yet to have a sharp fork in your hands."

She started feeding me and I accepted every bite, since I refused to eat the other day and I felt weak.

After she fed me everything that was on my plate, she started eating her own food.

"What's your name?" I asked, which made the girl look at me a little surprised.

"Hyunjin. Kim Hyunjin." She looked at me for a reaction, but I stayed still with no expression.

"You may want to know why I kidnapped you." Hyunjin continued.

"You see... I've always been alone. Nobody wanted me. Not even my parents. That's why they gave me up for adoption. But that doesn't matter anymore. I looked everywhere for the perfect person. A person whom I'll be able to love. And a person who'll love me." She stopped for a brief second to catch her breath.

"And that's when I found you... Beautiful face, smooth hair, shining eyes. Everything about you seemed... Perfect. I fell in love with you... But I didn't think about one thing. That you might not love me back."

I was looking intensely at her. So the reason why she kidnapped me was because she loves me... I mean, it's not that unusual, but it still creeps me out.

I was staring at her and she was staring at her food. I wanted to say something, but I didn't know what.

"Jeon Heejin, I won't force you to love me back, but I'll ask one thing from you." She said and looked at me. I nodded, wanting to know what she would ask me.

"Please, don't leave me." She had tears in her eyes.

I didn't know why, but I felt kind of bad for her. I felt empathy for my kidnapper. Weird, right?

She started crying, but without any sound. Just tears running down her face. I didn't know what to do. I was stunned.

"Alright, I won't leave you." I said without realizing.

She looked at me with a spark in her eyes. "Really?" She asked.

I didn't mean to say what I said, but I couldn't say that I was joking. She is mentally unstable and I couldn't do jokes like that.

"Really."