♡ Chapter 2 - An Ordinary Day for Marshall ♡

A few miles away from the most popular shop was a fire station. This fire station was near a river. A few hundred firefighters had active status, but only ten of them were professional firefighters. One of them was someone named Marshall, this tall young man with blue eyes seduced almost all the girls working with him. But he was not interested in love, as he often said "Job first! Love last!".

Unlike other firefighters who were very muscular and had big arms, Marshall had none of that. Besides, he was clumsy almost all the time, but when it came to saving a life, Marshall became the most dexterous person in the world. Marshall didn't really know the history of his family, he just knew that one day, being small and alone, he had sneaked into this fire station and he didn't want to leave. He knew from the start that he and the water were meant to work together.

In his bedroom, Marshall was lying on his small bed after training for 1 hour. It happened to him to remain motionless to think if there was something tenderly beautiful that could make us happy at any moment.

He took a notebook from his drawer and wrote:
"Year 6, months 10, day 8. Same day as yesterday." Marshall definitely needed a change in his life but he didn't know that this change was going to come suddenly in a brutal way.

A voice is heard throughout the fire station: "Sector 7, Marshall, I need you in my office". Marshall got up surprised and trembling, he left his room to go where he was told.
He gently opened the door and saw his superior.
"Marshall, come here, sit down." he said.
"I'm, I'm sorry, what did I do wrong? I didn't mean to hurt anyone. Did I do something clumsy again? I'm very sorry, how can I...?" he said before tripping and falling right in front of the chair.
"I'm fine!" Marshall said standing up with a smile and then sitting down.
"You didn't do anything wrong. I called you here because... I want you to take some vacation. You've been working here for years and you didn't take a single break." said his superior.
"But, I don't have any house to live."
"Where do you want to go? New York? Paris? Berlin? London? I have families and friends everywhere. You'll stay with them for some time."
"Working here is my life. I can't stay away from it." said Marshall.

The leader took something from his bag and gave it to Marshall.
"This is a diamond that brings honor to my family. It symbolizes freedom, joy, and cheerfulness. Take it, and wherever you go, you will feel free." said the leader with a proud smile on his face.

Marshall picked it up with shaking hands and studied it with his blue eyes. He dropped it by mistake and the diamond broke.
"Hee-hee. I'm sorry."

Suddenly, the bell rang in the barracks and a voice was heard:
"A major fire has started in a supermarket! I repeat, a fire has started in the YourSuperMarket store! Sectors 1 to 8! 4 trucks and backup vehicles!"

Marshall's face changed completely. It was no longer the clumsy firefighter but a firefighter ready to give his life to save another.
"You want me to take a break? I'll take it after this." Marshall said then ran out of the office to get ready.