𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 3️⃣4️⃣

Previously......

Y/n: I will give you till the end of the week to prove yourself. Call me when you have whatever you need. Now if you excuse us, it is Min-hyun's nap time.

With that you carried Min-hyun and left the house.

Renjun's POV

There is no time to waste. I need to get my wife and son back. Time to pay my ex-girlfriend a little visit. 

One week later

Flashback

Here I was, standing at the doorstep of my ex-girlfriend's house. I hope she doesn't make this meeting painfully long with all her antics. I knocked on the door and it didn't take long for her to open the door and attempted to pull me into an embrace, I just walked pass her without noticing the slight frown on her face. 

Renjun: I am going to get straight to the point, you probably already my main purpose of this visit. 

IU: Do I? I thought this day would never come. Finally the man of my dreams realizes my efforts and came to his senses that I am the only woman for him in his life. 

She said in a very confident tone, almost as if she was spot on, well she can dream on.

Renjun: If that's what you thought then you are so wrong, I came over to demand an explanation for what you said to my wife that day which led her to leave the divorce papers with her wedding ring on it and took our son and left.

IU: Whatever I said were facts, indeed you were a playboy and cheated on her multiple times, I even told her about us. You should have seen her face when I told her all those things. It was priceless, she really thought she was your one and only until she caught you cheating with her own eyes. This shows how innocent and naïve she is, I guess her parents didn't do a good job at teaching her how this world works. 

Renjun: Don't you dare bring her parents into this conversation, you know how much she struggles with that topic and also you have no right to insult her that way, unlike you at least she doesn't resort to such schemes to get whatever she wants. She knows what belongs to her and what doesn't. She is not selfish like you. 

Renjun spat with venom evident in his tone, IU never saw this side of Renjun before. 

IU: Me selfish? I am only just getting what was rightfully mine back. Renjun, when we broke up I was devastated but I was hell bent on getting revenge on you, whenever I saw you two together acting lovey-dovey in the office it just fueled my anger. You have no idea how much pain and suffering I went through because all you could see was her and her only. So when I saw you take off your wedding band to avoid rumors like 'infamous playboy CEO got married to commoner' from circulating I saw my chance to get my revenge. 

Renjun: So you took my wedding ring, hid it this whole time and used it as bait when the time was right to get my wife to give up on our marriage and thought that you could get your happy ending because if that's what you thought then I am sorry to disappoint you, that is never going to happen. I must be crazy to let my wife slip pass my fingers once again, I know I don't deserve such a woman as my wife and the mother of my child but I really love her. You don't even come close to her because you wanted to marry me for my money back then and you thought I didn't know. You thought that once you married me, you can live in comfort and not worry about not being able to live up to the rich lifestyle you desired to have.

IU looked her head in shame because Renjun took the words right out of her mouth. 

IU: I am so sorry, I didn't mean-