C H A P T E R: ONE

Start from the beginning

With a sigh, he told his son to go search for his mate but also warned him to control himself.

Draco hastily enter the train and begin to search for his mate. He followed the smell of the ocean, along with strawberry.

and after hours of searching, Draco came to stop to a compartment with a single person in it.

The smell of ocean and strawberry is prominent and Draco restrain himself from opening the door and pouncing at his mate. Instead, he peak in the small window and to his surprise, there sat the person he have been butting head since first year.

Cliantha "call me Clia" Potter sat alone in the compartment while staring out in the window and fidgeting with her necklace, seemingly in deep thought.

He immediately walk away before he did something he would regret. It is no secret that he and Clia re not exactly friends.

They would taunt each other every time they passed by each other in the halls. He even bullied her and her best friends, and she would retaliate by either hexing him or insulting him.

At first, it was a childish rivalry but along the way, it became somewhat a amusing competition on who could make the other irritate and who could taunt the other better.

Besides, he always notice the amusement in her blue-green eyes whenever Granger and Weasley would turn as red as Weasley hair from either anger or embarressment, then she would proceed to 'defend' them.

So, yeah. They are not friends but not exactly enemies either.

Draco found his father rather quickly, who put several strong privacy wards in their compartment, "I take it you have found your mate?" Lucius asked.

His son moved to take a seat beside him and he immediately wrap an arm around the younger, letting him his support, "Son? Are you alright?"

"I am, but I'm not so sure about my mate" Draco finally said with a hint of hesitation in his voice.

Lucius' eyebrow arched an inch. "I see. I am afraid your words are as clear as mud, my dragon. Shall we start with the more important information first? As in: who is your mate?"

Draco blushed slightly, and look away from his father. "Cliantha Potter" he said simply.

Lucius merely nodded like it makes sense. Well, in his mind, it did. Potter may seems like a gullible and naive girl, but she is quite powerful.

Lucius has seen her duel the Dark Lord at the graveyard and not even once did she use the same spell. And not all of them are light magic! Let's not forget the way she fought.

The Potter girl didn't hesitate for one bit and was constantly moving. Her stormy blue-green eyes seems like glowing underneath the moonlight.

Lucius won't admit it, but the girl fought marvelously. And quite deadly.

"Hmmm, not a bad choice. She is strong and powerful, and quite easy on the eyes" Lucius mused, thinking through the situation, ignoring the slight growl coming from Draco.

"Too bad she is so firmly under Dumbledore's thumb. It can't be helped, I supposed.... Very well, we will do what we cane to support her; after all, she is family now. We shall talk to the Headmaster after dinner then."